Add Reply
New Poll

heart to heart, klaus von rosenfeld
RHEA ELLIS
I AM GOING TO
bury you in the ground, la da da da da, i am going to bury you with my sound. i am going to drink the red from your pretty pink face. What do you not just like that? or do you just don't like him? sorry i don't treat you like a god
New Years was supposed to be a joyous celebration of beginnings and greater things to come, yet why did she feel as if things were crashing down, unraveling and falling apart like loose threads?

The bus chokes out puffs of dirty smoke as he drives away leaving her a couple hundred meters away from Klaus' place. She walks there, the heels of her winter boots leaving determined clicks on the pavement. She was going to make sure things were okay--that they were going to be okay no matter what because they came this far and she wasn't going to let everything be for nought.

They just got a new heart. HAUS can't go down before it could breathe the new life it had be given.

Rhea arrived at the door of his condo, ringing the bell once and twice. He better open up because they had a lot to talk about.

Hopefully, he'll talk, anyways.

FOR KLAUS VON ROSENFELD
NOTES let's do this ; v ;
rhea ♦
MDS ENTERTAINMENT
idol
46 POSTS
2000 DOLLARS
PLAY BY snow
mainstream
KLAUS VON ROSENFELD
GO AHEAD AND CRY, LITTLE GIRL NOBODY DOES IT LIKE YOU DO
K
V
R
utterly, utterly weak. That was the feeling that today had left him feeling, and the more he reflected, the sicker he felt to his stomach. He could normally hold everything down, but today was too much for the musician, and it didn't quite help that the gossip blogs were talking. He had vomited once in the morning, recovering from the major headache that came from drinking as much as he did at Day Sao Heaven, and once after he was relieved of his MDS duties for today— the guilt that came from the punishment was too much to bear.

And now here he was, slumped on his sofa, the Harry Winston box returned to him, the damned necklace altogether in one piece. Examining the box did nothing to comfort him, only reminding him that she ripped the platinum pendant off her neck and stuffed it into his hand.

Ring.

Ring.

The sound of the doorbell didn't sound real, but after his exchange with Rhea over the phone, he knew she was going to be relentless, and that not answering her could warrant her taking down the door. Another problem he really didn't need to add to his list today.

Slowly, as if moving through viscous matter, he put the Harry Winston box down on the coffee table and got up opened the door slowly, peeking at his concerned band mate.

"You... didn't need to come," he said, barely a whisper.

BY MINNIE DARLING 240 RHEA ELLIS ready for my heart to continue to shatter ;w;b
KLAUS ♣
MDS ENTERTAINMENT
Idol
253 POSTS
100 DOLLARS
PLAY BY asu
mainstream
RHEA ELLIS
I AM GOING TO
bury you in the ground, la da da da da, i am going to bury you with my sound. i am going to drink the red from your pretty pink face. What do you not just like that? or do you just don't like him? sorry i don't treat you like a god
Wow, he...really did look like a mess.

"Have you looked in a mirror?" she asked, sounding more irritated than she should. She was just frustrated at everything and hella worried, okay? His downtrodden face wasn't helping! "This is exactly why I had to come." With that said, she pushed the rest of the door away and let herself in.

"Have you eaten anything today yet?" From the looks of things it was highly possible that he hadn't and she was not going to let him throw way his health like this over stupid Rich and a freaking girl.

She pulled back the curtains to let whatever winter sunlight there was in and strode into the kitchen like it was her home. "How about I make something simple for you? At least some toast? I mean, it's not breakfast, but if you can't stomach much then, that sounds decent right? What about some tea?"

FOR KLAUS VON ROSENFELD
NOTES she's trying to be a mom for once, in some forceful way

rhea ♦
MDS ENTERTAINMENT
idol
46 POSTS
2000 DOLLARS
PLAY BY snow
mainstream
KLAUS VON ROSENFELD
K
V
R
check yourself before you wreck yourself. This was exactly why he was opposed to Rhea coming over after the phone call. He never wanted to be seen in the state he was in.

"You really didn't need to come, it's nothing a little sleep can't fix," he said as he closed the door behind her. When she went into her concerned mom mode, he had to restrain himself from saying something wry and dry like "What's the point of eating today if I'm not even able to keep it down?" He wasn't in the mood to argue at the moment, though, and made no effort to stop her from marching into his kitchen.

"I'm fine, really," he said, waving his hands in dismissal. "I'm not hungry." He was going to be absolutely embarrassed if he managed to make another trip to the porcelain throne to kneel in worship with her in the house. He was spared some shame with his housemates noticeably absent. Maybe Sky was doing something for his birthday. Tori could have easily been at Luminous at the moment. They didn't need to know.

"Since you came all the way here, though, how about I make us a pot of tea? What do you prefer? I have earl grey, green, chai, oolong, rooibos, and rose."

BY MINNIE DARLING 217 RHEA ELLIS not letting her mom whoops
KLAUS ♣
MDS ENTERTAINMENT
Idol
253 POSTS
100 DOLLARS
PLAY BY asu
mainstream
RHEA ELLIS
I AM GOING TO
"I'm pretty sure you're having more problems than just lack of sleep," she shot back, though the edges of her voice were softer than her usual snaps.

Just how much longer was he going to keep brushing his problems off like they were nothing? She's doing her absolute best to be patient with him here. She let him walk away during the party, she gave him space and was probably even going to give him more time if not for his sudden voice mail had almost had her dropping her phone into Prince's water bowl in shock.

She frowned at his dismissal, starting to wonder if he was merely experiencing a lack of appetite or that he literally could not keep anything down due to the stress that's been piling up. If it was the later, she guessed that she really shouldn't push it.

This was so frustrating...

"No, I'll make it," she declared, beating him to where he kept his teas. She's been here before and watched him make it before, so she knew where he kept his leaves and cups. "How about rose?" she asked, quite rhetorically, as she started on it, stubbornly refusing to let him have his way. "Go sit down. I'll bring it to you."

A few minutes later laid his cup in front of him as she stood next to the table, her own warm cup of tea steaming the fragrance of roses in hand. She took a sip, eyeing him from beneath her long lashes as she contemplated how to begin anything.

Instead of saying anything, she moved to sit next to him, making herself comfortable on the sofa, her shoulder touching his. She knew that she probably wasn't welcomed right now, his constant dismissal clearly telling her that much. But, she still wanted to let him know in the moments of silence that followed that she wanted to be here for him, that she was going to be here for him whether he liked it or not.

Because whether he knew it or not, he needed someone.

"I told you during the party, right? That you don't have to bear everything alone. That's not a requirement of being a good leader."

FOR KLAUS VON ROSENFELD
NOTES she's very stubborn
rhea ♦
MDS ENTERTAINMENT
idol
46 POSTS
2000 DOLLARS
PLAY BY snow
mainstream
KLAUS VON ROSENFELD
K
V
R
where he normally would have been able to shoot back at her with a cheesy retort, all he could really offer her was his silence. There was really nothing else to say about the matter, and anything he said, he felt, would have sounded like an excuse, the last thing he really wanted. Blame, justification, none of that would have filled the hole that was his heart, and he knew it. Saying it, saying any of it... it would have made the nightmare a reality.

Fish was particularly difficult to walk that morning, the usual smug St. Bernard actually trying to be the emotional support animal he was trained to be.

"Wait, I can make it. Let me—" Too late. She was already pulling open his cabinets, knowing exactly how he made his tea, perhaps the only coherent thing he could produce in his own kitchen. "Fine. Rose is fine," he said, ordered like a child to go sit quietly and wait for mother to finish cooking in the kitchen.

He took the cup of tea reluctantly, inhaling the floral aroma and slowly taking a slip, the warm tea a carress down his hoarse throat, a comfort for the vocal chords he had strained for vocal training, for all the stress wretching of today. A sense of warmth spread through the cold, but still, the slight tremble of his wrists, the weak smile that ghosted his lips, that unconscious attempt to reassure everyone that everything was fine on his end...

It was too obvious. It wasn't fine. Not when his gaze trailed to the Harry Winston box he set on the coffee table, not when the receipt for Sunday flowers lay crumpled in his wallet, not when yesterday morning, he was delivering white roses to her front door. Not when the game was up, when he had lost so badly, when actively suppressing yesterday, and soon, those few weeks of bliss and mischief no longer worked, forcing him to confront it, piece by piece, like the cocktail glass beneath their feat.

And here, Rhea was, helping him pick up the pieces yet again.

"It's... not about being a good leader," he said, looking into the amber depths of the tea cup, searching for the answer. "It's a personal problem that really shouldn't have affected my professional performance."

His strength, his weakness. Married to his work. Songwriting machine. The top soundtrack composer of his time at the moment. Leader of HAUS. Starting actor and model. Friend. Son. Almost lover.

He shook his head, tiredly laughing. "No. As you know, that was a done deal." He gave her a knowing glance, knew that it was her in his peripheral vision as Eloise made her grand exit, still utterly confused as to why Rhea would even side with him if she heard what he had said. "I'll... I'll get over it."

Eventually.

BY MINNIE DARLING 479 RHEA ELLIS keep calm and mom on
KLAUS ♣
MDS ENTERTAINMENT
Idol
253 POSTS
100 DOLLARS
PLAY BY asu
mainstream
RHEA ELLIS
I AM GOING TO
Klaus could be really stubborn sometimes. Like over the wrong things such as now. Well, she was stubborn too so two could play this game.

"Well, you aren't wrong," she said as a matter-of-factly. "But still. It doesn't change the fact that you're trying to fix this yourself and by the looks of things it isn't going well so far."

Not that there was much time for him to do anything between the party and now plus that sick joke of a call that MDS made him do. Though, she didn't want to risk him going about this on his own either because he might succeed or he might crash and burn, and she was most definitely not going to let the latter happen on her watch.

"And when will you get over it exactly?" She tapped the side of her cup with a painted finger nail. "Things like this aren't easy to get over." She didn't have much experience in this area, so maybe it wasn't in her place to say much, but she did know at least that much. Have witnessed things like that with friends before too.

"Sometimes it helps to talk, you know?" She looked over to him. "Can't I be that person to listen? She was not as weak as he might thought she was. She wanted to help him bear her burdens and like hell was she going to crack underneath them.

FOR KLAUS VON ROSENFELD
NOTES rather straight forward kind of mom-ing

rhea ♦
MDS ENTERTAINMENT
idol
46 POSTS
2000 DOLLARS
PLAY BY snow
mainstream
KLAUS VON ROSENFELD
K
V
R
rhea should be leader. He really meant it when he said it over the phone. A good leader wouldn't have taken his beating around the bush, and she's managed to block off every possible path.

"It might not look like it's going well so far, but just give it some time. It will fix itself..." he tried to convince himself, the distance in his eyes saying just the opposite. There are things we can have but can't keep.

The only thing keeping him from diving right back into his pool of regrets was her insistence and her interrogation-style kind of care, the clink of her nail on porcelain calling him out of his stupor. "I'll get over it when I get over it," he said, blanching at the fact that she made it so damn hard to get over her, that there were way too many promises that attached him to this, that there was a couples' travel package for Paris and the Romantische Straße in Germany lying on his office desk, a surprise for next time. "Aber... yeah, you're right. This isn't easy to get over." Not when everything reminded him of her, not when there were still traces of her that definitely would have incriminated them if the gossip columns were given the opportunity to rifle through Haus von Rosenfeld, not when he could still feel the ghost of her touch.

"It's... it's okay, really. Not when I'm in the wrong, when I don't deserve forgiveness." He'd been given the gift of forgiveness by her, and this was how he thanked her for it. Had he simply ignored orders and turn a blind eye, maybe she wouldn't have—

Damn, it gave him such a headache to think about.

"But... if you're willing to listen... I never intended to make you think I can't trust you with anything, when I can't even say it aloud," he said, eyes fixated on the box again, a tired laugh accompanying his apology. "I'm... I'm sorry. I don't even know if what I'm doing is right. I'm such a mess. Before I begin... what did you hear?"

BY MINNIE DARLING 354 RHEA ELLIS push him hard riri u got this girl
KLAUS ♣
MDS ENTERTAINMENT
Idol
253 POSTS
100 DOLLARS
PLAY BY asu
mainstream
RHEA ELLIS
I AM GOING TO
Well, wasn't he being quite agreeable right now.

"No, it's not okay. You're not okay," she continued to push. "And I find it hard to believe that you of all people has done something that's beyond forgivable. Aren't you being too hard on yourself again? That's a huge flaw of yours, you know that?" She nudged him in the side with her elbow (a sharp jab was what she wanted to deal out, but she didn't want to risk him spilling his hot drink all over himself and delaying this very necessary conversation even further).

And when he finally accepted her offer to listen, she almost let out a sigh of relief and victory. Now, that wasn't so hard, was it Klaus?

There was a brief moment of silence as she pulled on the strings of memories from the party. "About Rich, about MDS, and pulling her away from it all. She wasn't happy about that. Something about the airport. And how she's going to be the one walking away from you this time."

Her eyes landed on the box on the coffee table in front of them, the Harry Winston logo etched in clear silver. There was no need to play a guessing game of what's inside there after what she saw.

FOR KLAUS VON ROSENFELD
NOTES push, push, spill it out klaus you need this
rhea ♦
MDS ENTERTAINMENT
idol
46 POSTS
2000 DOLLARS
PLAY BY snow
mainstream
KLAUS VON ROSENFELD
K
V
R
she continued pushing onto the proverbial door, the one that he hid behind, locked and lost the key, silently weeping against the frame. He never wanted her to see him this way, never wanted to give reason to worry— not when he had once put his loved ones in such a position, completely changing how his family had treated him in one swoop. He wants to say something of his Oedipal fate, that there was no forgiveness for the sin of killing a father, in leaving a trail of broken hearts to try to mend his own.

He bit the bottom of his lip as she recounted just what she heard— just about everything, without context. He silently cringed as the words replayed in the back of his head for the nth time. Would it have been any better if he simply avoided her during the event, as they had planned? They would have been much too obvious— it was why he had decided to spend his time on the periphery of the party, nursing a glass of champagne... What happened to their plans for afterwards? A New Years at his apartment, snuggled up on the couch? He had wanted to surprise her with the trip package, with excitement for the upcoming year, counting down to another monthisversary...

”Then you know I’m in the wrong,” he said, shaking his head, attempting to still the hands that trembled, his eyes fixated on the box, a broken record. ”You don’t say those things to someone you...”

...love.

Loved?

No. Love. That’s what made this hurt as much as it did.

”I’m... I’m sorry for jeopardizing our band. I...” It was the things he should have said that started this entire mess, wasn’t it? ”If there’s anyone you should be punching, it should be me. If I wasn’t so absorbed in my work, I would have seen...” How Richie looks at her. Would it have kept him from falling in love with her on the streets of Paris, or perhaps even, as they shared the first dance at the Levine wedding reception? There was a degree of restraint he would have kept on himself, certainly, and he wasn’t so sure how he was going to ever explain this to...

”You’re not obligated to forgive me, Ri,” he said. ”I should have never put any of us in this position, but I have to confess... it all started in November.”

BY MINNIE DARLING 406 RHEA ELLIS riri u deserve better :’<
KLAUS ♣
MDS ENTERTAINMENT
Idol
253 POSTS
100 DOLLARS
PLAY BY asu
mainstream
RHEA ELLIS
I AM GOING TO
Well, wasn't he being quite agreeable right now.

"I wouldn't say that you're totally wrong. I mean, you had good reasons to. Or maybe that's just me being biased and selfish." Well, it wouldn't be the first time that someone were to call her out on that. "I don't really know what went down between the two of you exactly so I can't really judge. Maybe she overreacted, maybe not, I don't know."

Rhea set her cup down on the table and turned around to flick him on the forehead. "Stop apologizing for things that aren't your fault," she said, voice hard. "How come you're making all the apologies but not Rich?" The name practically seethed from between her teeth.

"Should have seen what?" She urged him to continue.

She sighed, crossing her arms as she sank back into the sofa. "I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to forgive you for right now, but alright, I'm listening." At least he was speaking now. She was getting tired of secrets and him playing some altruistic hero for their band.

FOR KLAUS VON ROSENFELD
NOTES shhhh klaus is a good boy who makes her a better person

rhea ♦
MDS ENTERTAINMENT
idol
46 POSTS
2000 DOLLARS
PLAY BY snow
mainstream
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

cbox, tag box & affiliates
face in the crowd All of Me ♥ DETHRONED GODS:RE
Seicho no Hana Avalon a Panfandom RP to bitter endings
Kingdom Hearts: Malefic Musings The Duality of Man Potterwatch Restored INFAMY, a non-canon one piece site Sengoku Horizon TO BITTER ENDINGS