Add Reply
New Poll

Make Your Move, ft. rhea
KLAUS VON ROSENFELD
Take you like a drug taste you on my tongue

WORDS: #357
TAGNAME: RHEA ELLIS
NOTES: \o/
They were really feeling the pressure of preparing for the Last Summer Splash festival. Everything seemed to weigh against them in the moment. Half the band was confirmed to be unavailable for the event, one of them abroad for some sort of publicity tour, the other dragged onto the taping of some sort of television show. Because one of the missing members typically took care of arranging their outfits with the fashion department and the other usually took care of creating the principle choreography for their live performances, they were undoubtedly shorthanded. Also, to Klaus' chagrin, they were the only MDS artists performing concerts at the festival. While Klaus personally feels honored that the band was selected for the honor of performing and representing the company through music, it just had to leave a bit of a sour taste in his mouth. If they goofed up on stage or paled noticeably in comparison to the Luminous artists they shared the stage with, it would reflect poorly on MDS... and perhaps on their next paychecks and gig opportunities.

He's absolutely nervous as he looks at himself in the mirror of the dance studio, absolutely positive that he's going to slip off the stage due to a strategically placed puddle of water or stumble through the dance moves in a way that would put MDS to shame. Klaus was a music man, not someone who was a master of performance. It made him uncomfortable to not be able to hide behind an instrument this time around. Luckily for him, though, he'd be performing with HAUS' very own master or performance: Rhea Ellis, diamond in the rough extraordinaire.

They've probably been at it in the practice room for half the day at this point, running through the same choreography over and over again. By this point, Rhea seemed absolutely flawless in her execution. But Klaus? Not so much.

"Sorry to be asking for the thousandth time, but where in the world am I supposed to be standing in the middle of the first verse?" he asks. They never said anything about eidetic memory extending to muscle memory, now did they?

CREDIT TO ARIA
KLAUS ♣
MDS ENTERTAINMENT
Idol
279 POSTS
2700 DOLLARS
PLAY BY asu
mainstream
RHEA ELLIS
I AM GOING TO
bury you in the ground, la da da da da, i am going to bury you with my sound. i am going to drink the red from your pretty pink face. What do you not just like that? or do you just don't like him? sorry i don't treat you like a god
There are a number of things that Rhea didn't like and one of those things was when something doesn't go according to plan. She was certain that HAUS would be performing in the Last Summer Splash event and when she meant HAUS, she meant the entire group.

Not just her and Klaus, a.k.a the worst dancer in the history of ever.

She did respect Klaus as a fellow member, a person, and a songwriter but whatever respect she had was starting to waver on the edge of a steep cliff when they had to stop in the middle of the song again because he couldn't get the steps in the middle of the first verse right.

THE FIRST VERSE. FOR THE THOUSANTH TIME.

She walked over to the stereo and just about smashed the stop botton before turning to face Klaus, arms on her hips in a frustrated and annoyed stance.

"Klaus," she began, trying very, oh so very hard to keep her voice from falling apart in anger. "You stand over here to the left. Here." She walked over and stomped her foot on said spot. "How many times have I told you this in the last four hours? Aren't you supposed to be a genius? Why can't you remember?"

She glared at him as if she could somehow engrave every single dance move into his head and body with her eyes.

"Oh my word. Do I have to mark every single spot with tape for you? I'll do that, if that is what it takes to get this done. Also, you're still messing up your hand motions in the middle of the second verse. It's not even that hard! Come on, Klaus do you want us to make an embarassment of ourselves at the concert? There's only me, I can't cover for all of your mistakes this time!

Where were the other band members when she needed them?
#000 FOR KLAUS VON ROSENFELD
NOTES excited for these two

rhea ♦
MDS ENTERTAINMENT
idol
47 POSTS
2300 DOLLARS
PLAY BY snow
mainstream
KLAUS VON ROSENFELD

WORDS: #362
NOTES: ugh i feel sorry for them
If Klaus could, he'd have figured out the dance and gotten out of here in a heartbeat. When Terpsichore bestowed dance upon the world, Klaus must have missed his prescribed portion of dancing talent. He certainly didn't win over MDS with his dancing prowess.

Klaus almost jumps at the sound of the force of Rhea's stomping on the dance floor. He could have sworn that if she had gone at it with a little more force, she probably would have struck a hole through the floor. Though at this rate, he'll probably drive her to do just that.

"From what I've counted, you've reminded me about 201 times in the last four hours," he states matter-of-fact as he takes his place on the assaulted floor. And honestly, the suggestion of having the entire floor marked up to help him remember was starting to sound better and better if it would get him to move the right spots.

It wasn't that Rhea was a horrible teacher. Far from it, in fact. Klaus definitely saw the potential in her as a future choreographer with her command of the moves and the stage, often in ways that he couldn't imagine for himself. Some in the company say that she is worthy of a solo career, that her time will come once she's proven herself through HAUS, that she was a diamond in the rough. Sometimes, he felt that out of all his bandmates, it was perhaps he who was weighing her the most down, given his struggles with performance and dancing. After all, there was only so much you'd do when you play guitar and sing songs at a cafe open mic. Klaus was really wishing that he had taken Richard's place in the meeting. Maybe he could pretend to fall ill now and let Rhea have the solo she deserved... except no, that was the equivalent of abandonment, and that simply wouldn't fly.

"I'll let you know, I'm trying my best," he said as he wiped sweat from his brow. "Letting you down is the last thing I'd want to do. Throw me a roll of tape, will you? I'll do whatever it takes."

CREDIT TO ARIA
KLAUS ♣
MDS ENTERTAINMENT
Idol
279 POSTS
2700 DOLLARS
PLAY BY asu
mainstream
RHEA ELLIS
I AM GOING TO
bury you in the ground, la da da da da, i am going to bury you with my sound. i am going to drink the red from your pretty pink face. What do you not just like that? or do you just don't like him? sorry i don't treat you like a god
"That was a rhetorical question," she snapped at him. His exact count was rubbing her patience even more thin because okay, knowing that she said it over two hundred times was making this even worse.

She stared down at him, tiredness and stress scratched into his entire sweaty frame. She knew that he was trying his best. He always did, but they didn't have much time before the concert and they were not even close to the condition they should be in. This was the biggest end of the summer event and they had to be...close to perfect. She would say perfect, but with half the band gone, who could they?

Rhea sighed and walked over to her bag, pulling out a roll of masking tape and markers. She was hoping that they wouldn't need to use it - hoping that they could easily get things done with, but it wasn't the case. She threw him a water bottle and a towel to wipe himself with before getting started on the floor.

In a minute she had the verse one spots marked. "Get it right and I'll go ahead and mark the chorus. We're going to at least make sure this song is presentable by the end of the day. I don't care if the end of the day is midnight."

No matter how long it'll take for Klaus to get it right she'll be here right here with him even if she would rather be somewhere else.

She took a quick drink and walked over to the stereo. "If you're ready I'm starting the music again.
FOR KLAUS VON ROSENFELD
NOTES they don't need the stress ;;

rhea ♦
MDS ENTERTAINMENT
idol
47 POSTS
2300 DOLLARS
PLAY BY snow
mainstream
KLAUS VON ROSENFELD

WORDS: #373
NOTES: they deserve better ;;
MDS' human resources department must truly be terrible if they figured they could take half of the only MDS group that would be performing in Aurozora's largest festival of the summer and expect it to be okay. They had way too much faith in them if that was the case. HAUS was good, but not that good. They were good individually, but if what was to be performed was made for four people, two simply wouldn't cut it. Mistakes were made, and having a meeting on the same day of the festival was ludicrous.

"Danke schön," he said as he caught the towel and water bottle. Wiping his sweaty brow and the back of his neck, he put the water to his lips and drank like there was no tomorrow. And boy, did the water taste unbelievably good. He downed the water bottle in one big gulp as Rhea marked the floor. Once emptied, he rolled it across the floor to the edge of the room. He honestly had no clue when the last time he had a drink today was, and he was definitely feeling pretty disgusting. When he's looking at Rhea, he could see that she's barely breaking a sweat.

"I swear, I'll try to get us out of here before midnight," he said as he took his place on the clearly marked X. Start to the right, right? Yeah, that makes sense, I'll need to be left afterwards... right? If Klaus could have traded some of his unnecessarily immense mental memory capabilities for some muscle memory, he definitely would have by now. Not that he had expected to become the member of an idol group in the first place.

He tossed his towel in the direction of the water bottle as he readied himself in wait of her next command. Though he's already feeling soreness in all sorts of places, forgetting the sensation of sitting, and sensing that his knees were already giving out like jelly, and good lord he needed to be careful this time, lest he end up in a knee brace again, if he had to work twice as hard to be just as good as himself, Richard, and Sunny, so be it. "I'm ready. Los geht's. "

CREDIT TO ARIA
KLAUS ♣
MDS ENTERTAINMENT
Idol
279 POSTS
2700 DOLLARS
PLAY BY asu
mainstream
RHEA ELLIS
I AM GOING TO
"Then I'll hold you on to that," she said, a small smirk in place. "If not then you'll be carrying my bags next time I decide to go shopping." But in all honesty, she damn hoped that they'll be getting out of here by midnight. They were so going to feel today's training tomorrow morning and she would rather feel it when she at least got a decent amount of sleep.

Even the pain wasn't going to make them stop though. They'll practice again and again before the festival until the soreness went away. As long as they can keep it going on a healthy wavelength, they won't stop.

At his answer, she started the music again, taking her place and moved her body to the song that she knew to her bones. "One, two, three, four and turn!" she counted out loud. Out of the corner of her eyes, she watched Klaus in the dance room mirror to make sure he was following again well.

FOR KLAUS VON ROSENFELD
NOTES gahhh i finally got back to this ;; i swear next time won't be this long

rhea ♦
MDS ENTERTAINMENT
idol
47 POSTS
2300 DOLLARS
PLAY BY snow
mainstream
KLAUS VON ROSENFELD
WOAH NOW SLOW DOWN.
Klaus was Determined™. As much as his body was telling him to stop, and as much as dancing was his biggest weakness, he needed to prove to himself that he was a fit in an idol group. With their group having to have dealt with convincing the company that a co-ed idol group was a good answer to Luminous' boy band idol group, that it would be profitable and successful, there was a certain amount of pride Klaus had to have to keep his head up. He wasn't competitive by any account, but the fact that this was something he didn't excel at on the get-go created doubts that he had to stamp out, if not for himself, for the talented people that were contractually tied to him for the next five years in accordance to MDS' ridiculously long contracts. "Ach, I will not be carrying your bags the next time you go shopping. I still can't believe you were able to buy that much," he shuddered. Rhea defined the phrase "shop 'till you drop," though she was the one doing the shopping, he was the one doing the dropping.

Still, even determination couldn't overcome physical limitations. The sounds of their music, music he wrote seemed to blur with the pounding in his head. Sure, he found himself able to moving to the correct places with the X's dotted across the floor (for once!), but his actual movements? He struggled to keep his body moving in time to the music, struggled to combine the position changes with his movements. He's just about to reach the part where he's supposed to pivot and switch positions with Rich, the dizziness overtook him, the room seeming to spin with his pivot and—

"ooF—"

He found himself on the floor, the spinning having not ceased.

He covered his face with his hands in shame, taking a deep breath in, a deep breath out. Completely embarrassing. This can't happen in the live show. Especially when it's just the two of us.

Slowly, he used his hands to push himself off the floor again on shaky knees. "...nochmal. I swear, I'll... I'll get it this time."

RHEA ELLIS : ahhh it's okay, take your time ;w;

LETO
KLAUS ♣
MDS ENTERTAINMENT
Idol
279 POSTS
2700 DOLLARS
PLAY BY asu
mainstream
RHEA ELLIS
I AM GOING TO
"Oh trust me, Klaus. That was not that much," she said, waving her hand dismissively. But still, she needed to cut back down on that. She didn't exactly have an endless amount of money like some other stars. Maybe in the future, but not now and while she did like to shop, it wasn't an addiction. It was just a healthy dose of stress-reliever.

They started the routine once more and it seemed to be going well...until Klaus for whatever reason, hit the floor in a spinning disarray.

The music continued to play in the background as she danced over to him stopping to hover over him with a frown. "Look, if you need a break, say it. I'd rather we take an hour for you to get over whatever you are feeling than having you collapse and we get nothing else done the rest of the day."

Maybe she worked him too hard? She wiped a bead of sweat from the side of her head and went to shut the music off, turning back to stare at Klaus, with brows knitted in both worry and frustration. "I think there's ice cream and sandwiches in the fridge. Come on, we'll go grab some."
FOR KLAUS VON ROSENFELD
NOTES klaaaauuus ; A ;

rhea ♦
MDS ENTERTAINMENT
idol
47 POSTS
2300 DOLLARS
PLAY BY snow
mainstream
KLAUS VON ROSENFELD
WOAH NOW SLOW DOWN.
Maybe it was a combination of dehydration, a bit of overworking, a lot of overthinking, and the pressure of the live performance, but Klaus found himself having a difficult time accepting defeat. He wasn't competitive, but for the post part, he didn't enjoy the prospect of being mediocre on that stage. Not when HAUS counted on it, not when he didn't want to misrepresent the talent that the group had (barring him, of course), not when Chae and Rich would not be able to be there thanks to some logistical fluke, not when Rhea deserved a partner that could actually shine. It was times like these that made Klaus feel that he was the odd one out of this group, the boy next door who wasn't made for idoldom.

"I don't need a break," he dismissed, wiping sweat from his brow with his arm. "We really need to get this down, or else..." Or else I fail the both of us and MDS as their only band for the Splash. Or else all your hard work would go to waste just because I can't dance. Or else I'll make a fool out of all of us if I can't even handle one simple dance routine for one song.

The rumble of his stomach betrayed his hunger, and the dizzying feeling didn't cease. There would be no debate or question— he needed rest. He slowly picked himself off the floor, shaky as ever. "...okay, maybe one sandwich. But afterwards, I need to get this down." RHEA ELLIS : he needs to listen to his own pep talks to shin and direct them towards himself ffff—

LETO
KLAUS ♣
MDS ENTERTAINMENT
Idol
279 POSTS
2700 DOLLARS
PLAY BY asu
mainstream
RHEA ELLIS
I AM GOING TO
She could practically hear the pressure and insecurities inside his head. She was feeling it too, the need to perfect this because if they didn't get this right then they would let down their fans, MDS, and themselves. She didn't want Rich and Chae to be disappointed it them. They both should be proud of how the Last Summer Splash concert went down and not wince upon looking back at it.

She felt the pressure but it was nothing like the pressure that Klaus felt because being the main male dancer was not his role at all. He may be good at many things, but dancing was not exactly one of them. A part of her was glad because it made him more human than the genius with a pretty face--a perfect combo. She just didn't think he would have his hard of a time getting the routine to one song right...

Rhea frowned, about to insist once more that they do take a break, when Klaus' stomach seemed to have done it for her. She smirked at that, letting him know that she definitely heard it before leading the way to lounge.

The cold air of the fridge was nice against her hot face after all that practice as she grabbed two sandwiches and tossed one in Klaus' direction. "Apple or orange juice?" she asked before grabbing the carton of which ever one he wanted and pouring a glass for him along with a glass of apple for herself.

"You're pushing yourself too hard," she said, taking a sip of her drink and sitting down on the couch. "And you worry too much. They say that the more you worry the worse you'll actually be." Easier said than done though, she knew that.

"Maybe we can simplify the dance routine a bit," she thought out loud. It wasn't something that she really wanted to do because they should impress the crowd and give them the routine in their released music video, but at this point it was better than making a mess of themselves.

FOR KLAUS VON ROSENFELD
NOTES he really should. it's okay rhea will do it for him
rhea ♦
MDS ENTERTAINMENT
idol
47 POSTS
2300 DOLLARS
PLAY BY snow
mainstream
KLAUS VON ROSENFELD
WOAH NOW SLOW DOWN.
He couldn't have been completely terrible at dancing when he was recruited by MDS— he couldn't have been complete garbage. In theory, he knew how to count if his musical rhythms were fine, exquisite even. He never failed to keep up with with Latin Nights at Lucifer, having begrudgingly taken ballroom dancing lessons as a child and adolescent, as was the custom of the village his grandparents had grown up in near Zurich. However, in the light of such great dancing talents, his shine was dim, defective. Coupled with the stresses that came with company demands and the desire not to disappoint fans with the fact that he did hide his dancing behind his more talented band mates... he really was the weakest link on the live stage.

He caught the sandwich and gave her an answer mid-bite. "Orange juice, bitte." The sandwich tasted too good to be true, an indication of how little he had probably eaten that day. How long had they been going at it again? Has it really been over four hours? Five? Six? Time seemed to go by so fast, with just how focused he had been on the task at hand.

"If I push myself hard enough, I'll get it eventually," he said, grabbing the glass from the table and taking a long, refreshing sip as he sank into the chair, muscles finally protesting their unfair treatment, the soreness in his back finally apparent. "Maybe I'm just not trying hard enough," he shrugged, his pride a little hurt by this point of the day. When everything is normally so effortless, failure wasn't an option, nor was it anything he expected of himself. The fact that it looked like he was trying so hard... well, if he hadn't been humbled by the experience of having to fight for the band and for all the things that MDS put him through that he felt wasn't within the job description of songwriting and performance, he would definitely have stepped out to preserve his ego.

"You don't have to do that," he said, maybe a little too quickly. It was more work on her, and to him, that admitted defeat. Plus, there was still four other songs that he needed to wrap his head around, which meant modifying choreography for all of them... he just needed to get this down. "I'll... I'll be able to figure my way around this! This can't be the hardest thing we've faced."

It definitely was stacking up to be, though.

RHEA ELLIS : she's such mom ahhh pls take him down a notch he's too Determined

LETO
KLAUS ♣
MDS ENTERTAINMENT
Idol
279 POSTS
2700 DOLLARS
PLAY BY asu
mainstream
RHEA ELLIS
I AM GOING TO
The couch was totally comforting after all that dancing. She was going to need another set of stretching after this, but for now it's time to relax as she brought one of the couch pillows onto her lap and ate her sandwich.

She stared at him as she chewed before grabbing the pillow and chucking it at his face. Hopefully he didn't have anything in his mouth at that moment. She didn't want to accidentally knock food down the wrong pipe and make him choke to death. Then she'll be the only one performing at the event, and while she wanted a solo career, this was not exactly how she wanted it to go down.

"You suck," she muttered, referring to a multitude of things at once and yet not some. "Fine, fine. But if you faint in the middle of practice, I'm not carrying you to the hospital." She downed her glass of juice and went to pour herself another one, setting the glass down on the counter next to the fridge maybe a bit too hard.

Honestly, she wasn't even sure what she was mad about because he wasn't exactly wrong to have that kind of determination - she herself kinda did too . She placed the carton of juice back in its place and kicked the refrigerator door shut before making her way back to her seat where she continued to eat the rest of her sandwich in silence, pout on her lips.

Stupid Klaus and his stupid IQ and his stupid lack of ability to dance and his stupid determination and his stupid everything.

This stupid Last Summer Splash event too.

FOR KLAUS VON ROSENFELD
NOTES NOW SHE'S JUST A CHILD

rhea ♦
MDS ENTERTAINMENT
idol
47 POSTS
2300 DOLLARS
PLAY BY snow
mainstream
KLAUS VON ROSENFELD
WOAH NOW SLOW DOWN.
They probably would have been done by now, had it not been for Klaus' inability to retain even four measures of choreography. A lot of his dancing was only made possible by the fact that he had Richie to look to on-stage, and even then, Richie wasn't the best source of information when it came to dancing— seeing as the four of them all had different choreography to work with.

And so, when he was met with a pillow to the face flying at thirty miles per hour, he had to catch his breath. "I know I suck," he said, putting the pillow into his lap as to not give her back the assault weapon. "But you wouldn't carry me to the hospital? Ouch." He took another bite of his sandwich, wincing a little at the aggressive sound of her glass clinging on the counter. "You'd just leave me on the floor, then? To fend for myself? That's a little cold, even for you, Ri."

Still, the sandwich and orange juice really were working their magic. He definitely felt so much better after the juice had gone down, felt his blood sugar rise again to a proper level. Perhaps the secret to success was proper hydration? Though he wasn't inclined to go back into the dungeon of dance just yet, he knew that he wasn't going to walk out of MDS tonight until he had the choreography down to a T. There really was no reason for MDS to have split up their band this way for such an important event, and the fact that they couldn't move the meeting for Rich and Chae had irked the band leader more than he would let on.

Taking another sip of range juice, he sighed. "How do you think Last Summer Splash is going to go? With Rich and Chae not there?"

RHEA ELLIS : riri is truly a savage

LETO
KLAUS ♣
MDS ENTERTAINMENT
Idol
279 POSTS
2700 DOLLARS
PLAY BY asu
mainstream
RHEA ELLIS
I AM GOING TO
"I trust that you're smart enough to fend for yourself," she countered. Well, his premium grade brain wouldn't be very useful if it blacked out but whatever. This was Klaus, he could probably do something about it.

"Not that I'd let you die on my watch or anything," she added, a little softer. "I have more responsibility than that. And I'm not that heartless. What kind of person do you think I am?" .

He asked a good question. It was a question that was obviously weighing on both of their minds. This will be their first time performing their band songs together as a duo and not as a complete four. It was honestly a little bit worrisome and a little bit frightening. There were a number of things that could possibly go wrong and she wondered what they did to earn MDS' trust like this. Whatever the case, they can't mess this one up.

"I don't know, but one thing is for certain. The results rest on us. If we do well then the event will go well." She finished off the rest of her sandwich and tossed the wrapper into the trash can on the other side of the room, landing it in. Rich would have liked that shot.

She stood up and faced Klaus with a renewed energy and determination. "With or without Rich and Chae, we're still HAUS, so we're gonna perform like HAUS does. We're gonna shine."

FOR KLAUS VON ROSENFELD
NOTES idk what she is sometimes, lol

rhea ♦
MDS ENTERTAINMENT
idol
47 POSTS
2300 DOLLARS
PLAY BY snow
mainstream
KLAUS VON ROSENFELD
WOAH NOW SLOW DOWN.
"I think you're okay," Klaus smiled as he ruffled her hair. "You're driven and talented and you're going to be successful. And, get this, sometimes you show that you have a caring side! There's a heart somewhere in that diamond-shelled blood pump in the middle of your chest."

And, of course, he prepares himself to get smacked for that comment. He really means it— she's the younger sister he's never had. And despite her years, she speaks with confidence that those even older than them lacked.

Klaus nods in agreement. "We'll shine and give them something to talk about." And already, the gears in his mind were turning— if they weren't going to be as impressive dancing across the stage as DRIFT or Aria.Caroline, they were going to have to stand out some other way. He just might have a friend who could help him pull off a trick or two...

"Tell you what. Let's give this dancing thing another good hour of work or so. Then let's play around with the arrangements I have so we're not just singing Rich and Chae's lines— we're trying to be four when we really should be singing as Klaus and Rhea. We'll give the audience an exclusive version of HAUS you can't get from the albums, give them something to talk about."

RHEA ELLIS : i'm sorry this thread has existed for so long ahhh

LETO
KLAUS ♣
MDS ENTERTAINMENT
Idol
279 POSTS
2700 DOLLARS
PLAY BY asu
mainstream
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

cbox, tag box & affiliates
face in the crowd DETHRONED GODS:RE
Seicho no Hana Avalon a Panfandom RP The Duality of Man Potterwatch Restored
Sengoku Horizon TO BITTER ENDINGS Save Me realm of the seven Reluctant Heroes Prisoners of Fate Hollow Victory | An Original Japanese Folklore Inspired RP