Add Reply
New Poll

The Human League, ft. acel
KLAUS VON ROSENFELD
Take you like a drug taste you on my tongue

WORDS: #316
TAGNAME: ACEL DELYSE
NOTES: and thus begins our angsty misadventures ack sorry this starter is a little lacking
He may be a signed artist at a major entertainment company now, but on his free nights, he liked to pay patronage to the very stages that brought him to where he is now. It's not uncommon to find Klaus von Rosenfeld at the Lucifer Bar watching nobodys and wannabes take the stage and cracking open a cold one with the boys. Oftentimes, he's with Shin, reliving their earlier days before their covers hit it big with MDS Entertainment. Klaus personally wasn't as well-known as Shin, who critics are now lauding as "Hot Shit," so when he's sitting at the bar on an uneventful Sunday open mic night, he's chilling and watching others perform.

He normally doesn't volunteer himself for karaoke unless he's urged by his friends and band mates, but as with tonight, his friend had managed to place another bottle of IPA in his hand and push him onto the stage, the whole bar cheering him on as he grabs the mic. He looks up at the screen and shrugs. Why not?

"You were workin' as a waitress in a cocktail bar when I met you. I picked you out, I shook you up and turned you around, turned you into someone new~" he sang, not missing a single beat in cadence. He's really feeling the song, and he knows the bar is feeling it, and damn he's belting out the chorus, seeming to direct every word to each individual bar patron. As a performance technique that really seemed to get the audience going was directing his line of vision between people, giving off the impression that he was gazing into one audience member's eyes.

"Don't you want me, baby? Don't you want me? Oh—"

He's completely surprised when the bar patrons turned his solo performance into a duet as a young woman from the direction he had stared is pushed onto the stage.

CREDIT TO ARIA
KLAUS ♣
MDS ENTERTAINMENT
Idol
279 POSTS
2700 DOLLARS
PLAY BY asu
mainstream
ACEL DELYSE
universe, calling out, every
whisper every shout. cheap
shots on me. so drink up honey, this one's for free. on the rocks! hit me up with another brandy. don't stop! give me space feeling dandy
Acel had only recently learned that Lucifer Bar was home to karaoke night every Sunday, or else she would have been in attendance since moving to Aurozora. The atmosphere was upbeat, yet calmer than the club nearby. The crowds less suffocating and the stench of alcohol much less offensive (though, to be fair, the people who ended up in the bar’s counterpart were probably too hammered to mind, or even to notice, something that she could sadly attest to).

Although film was her drug of choice in the entertainment industry, music would always hold a special place in her heart. They went hand in hand, after all. Music made scenes come alive. It caused both the singers and the listeners to feel something; even the superficial songs about sex, drinking, and nothing profound were fun to jam out to. Plus, it was actually kind of heartwarming to see people letting loose on the stage, their friends laughing and cheering from their seats.

Currently, she had a front row view of it all. Acel sat alone at a tall bar table, her legs dangling from the stool, hands mindlessly stirring a drink in her lap as she swayed her head to the beat. A few people began to stand as the next song started and a new boy took the mic. No offense to the previous performers, but he was good. Anyone could tell that he had had actual vocal training. And was it just her ego or imagination, or was he looking right at her? Either way, the director couldn’t help but join those crowding in front of the stage and around her table.

One drunk stranger turned around, eyes widening at Acel as she grabbed her shoulders and yelled into her ear, claiming that “Pssst. You - he’s looking at you! Go go go!” The woman pushed her toward the steps, inspiring the rest of the horde to go along with it. Ace stumbled onto the stage as soon as the first chorus came to an end. She stood, dazed and doe-eyed for a few seconds, before breaking into a smile. She had never been one for bashfulness.

“I knew I’d find a much better place, either with or without you,” she sang along. Her voice certainly wasn’t as refined as his, but the passion and energy in her tone was invigorating. Her dress fanned out as she attempted a twirl toward her partner, forgetting that spinning + alcohol = unsteady legs and dizziness. At least the size of the audience was more impressive when seeing double! She continued with her arm draped around his shoulder for support. “The five years we had have been such good at times, I still love you! But now I think it’s time I lived my life on my own, I guess it’s just what I must do!”

NOTES, -attempts to use lyrics to foreshadow- and tell me if you need more!
TAGS, KLAUS VON ROSENFELD
Ace
LUMINOUS STUDIO
Director
48 POSTS
700 DOLLARS
PLAY BY Onyx
mainstream
KLAUS VON ROSENFELD
Take you like a drug taste you on my tongue

WORDS: #335
TAGNAME: ACEL DELYSE
NOTES: omfg this template is a mess i'll probably switch it soon but also tHAT FORESHADOWING
Klaus rarely duets on open mics sans the occasional double acoustic cover with Shin, so to be joined by someone other than Rich, Chae, or Rhea in a realm that he typically ran at lone wolf was a little disorienting. Something that would have totally messed him up back in the days when he was still just moonlighting. Klaus may not be the best performer when compared to the rest of his band mates, but from his years at MDS, he operates under the principle of "the show must go on," and so, he shoots the girl a smile and continues right on.

With a hand to his chest, he professes to her in song and continues to play up the illusion of intimacy that he so seemed to cast on the crowd by now ignoring the rest of the bar and looking at her and only her. "Don't. Don't you want me? You know I can't believe it when I hear you that you won't see me." He gives her a playful wink in this upbeat open mic bar rendition of the song. "Don't. Don't you want me? You know I don't believe it when you say that you don't need me!"

It really gets to seem the crowd riled up, only furthering Klaus' need to continue the charade with the stranger. He looks her in the eyes intensely, the storm in his grey-blue eyes undeniable, his voice matching his intensity "It's much too late find when you think you've changed your mind. You'd better change it back or we'll both be sorry." He doesn't even have to touch the stranger to feel the palpable aura that his voice seemed to create, begging on his knees without ceasing to stand, hands clasped in prayer remaining separated from each other, one hand on the mic, the other on the stand. If Klaus was really trying to be incognito about his status as a professionally trained performer, he wasn't doing a very good job at it.

CREDIT TO ARIA
KLAUS ♣
MDS ENTERTAINMENT
Idol
279 POSTS
2700 DOLLARS
PLAY BY asu
mainstream
ACEL DELYSE
shots on me. so drink up honey, this one's for free. on the rocks! hit me up with another brandy. don't stop! give me space feeling dandy
Performing was strange, she thought, swaying to the beat pumped out of the large speakers behind them. She was used to being behind the camera, hidden in the wings of the stage, working her magic out of the public eye, per se. Even when she had joined school plays as a teenager, she had ended up spending more time bossing around and correcting the other kids than working on her own performance. Acel had truly found her calling as a director.

Not to mention that, although a stage was a stage, all that was in regard to acting. She was even less familiar with singing and dancing in front of a crowd, blinded by lights and deafened by cheers. Okay...maybe that was a bit exaggerated. The boy she shared the stage with had certainly brought a lot more people onto their feet and put a lot more enthusiasm into their applause since he had grabbed the mic, but their venue was still a mid-sized bar on a sleepy Sunday night (people have to work the next day goddammit), not an arena meant for concerts. How did those Luminous and MDS stars in the music industry manage full-blown concerts? Even her, the attention hog she had been all of her life, was feeling butterflies.

Of course, they were good butterflies though. She could always appreciate a small adrenaline rush.

In other words, Acel could get used to this on-stage thing, especially if cute boys were always included in the package deal. Her face lit up at the boy’s smile, followed by the next verse sang while they kept steady eye contact, and then a playful wink. That time he was definitely singing to her. It wasn’t another alcohol-induced delusion like that of the stranger who had pushed her onstage in the first place.

As they reached the end of the song, the director continued to focus on her stage presence, the acting portion of the performance, to hopefully distract from her comme ci, comme ça singing voice and dancing skill. “Don’t you want me, baby? Don’t you want me, ohhh!” Acel squeezed her eyes shut as she bolted out the last verses, putting an extra dose of dramatic emotion (longing with a hint of teasing sass, to be exact) in her tone and expression. A last-ditch effort to match the passion of this obvious professional. Gosh, what a showoff.

NOTES, SEPTEMBER AHHHH i hope you're not sick of me yet asu, let's get this relationship on the road to cuteness (but then destruction)!
Ace
LUMINOUS STUDIO
Director
48 POSTS
700 DOLLARS
PLAY BY Onyx
mainstream
KLAUS VON ROSENFELD
YOU KNOW I CAN'T BELIEVE IT WHEN I HEAR THAT YOU WON'T SEE ME
K
V
R
it was all in good fun. If there was anything that Klaus could say about open mics, it was that they allowed him to be much more genuine and much more himself than anything he did for HAUS or for his solo albums. Able to throw in more of his personal flair, his godawful dance moves, and the ability to let loose, the art of the open mic opened up an avenue of self-expression and jubilation that none of his live performances allowed him to. There was no need to worry about being on the correct place on the stage, seeing as he was definitely tripping over himself as he walked across this small stage, hyping the audience up and playing the part of someone pining after love that was clearly being rejected.

Shooting her a disappointed frown, pretending to be disappointed in the lack of return for his advances, he finished off the song strong as the music faded out into the repeating chorus, his vocals stronger than he usually let on during HAUS recording sessions— as sub-vocalist, there was no reason to show off. In fact, if he did, he would have risked drowning out his band-mates, or he would have ran the risk of making their songs sound messier. He was used to stepping into the background, being the support that elevates Rich's voice. It was the role he played, one that he played well.

As the music faded out, Klaus felt himself catching up his breathing, having not realized just how fast his heart was beating. That was the rush of performance, the adrenaline that came with running about the stage, of channeling the energy of the audience. Something he definitely received at a HAUS live performance, but in the intimacy of this bar with someone willing to play along, this was the kind of rush that felt much more personal than truly overwhelming. Placing his microphone into the microphone stand, he grabbed the hand of his duet partner for the evening as the audience cheered. He raised her hand and lowered it, taking his bow. "Thank you for being a fine audience this evening, everybody!"

Letting go of her hand, he took his leave from the stage as he realized just how winded he was from giving that free performance.

"Two waters, please," he told the bartender, who came back with two tall glasses of water, slices of lemon floating at the top.

Klaus slid the second water toward his duet partner for the evening. "Fine work today— though I'm sorry you got pushed onto the stage like that," he said as he slurped the water through the straw. "Didn't mean to be looking in that direction for too long, but you're quite the performer!"

BY MINNIE DARLING 460 ACEL DELYSE omfg the last time i replied to this was before i changed fcs
KLAUS ♣
MDS ENTERTAINMENT
Idol
279 POSTS
2700 DOLLARS
PLAY BY asu
mainstream
ACEL DELYSE
Acel responded to her partner’s disappointed frown with raised eyebrows and a teasing smirk. If he was playing the part of a rejected admirer, her expression read as “not my problem”. Désolé pas désolé. She tried to get in a few more spins - wobbly but exuberant, giggles interspersed between lyrics - as the music faded out. Their performance had come to a close.

She had been looking out at their audience, catching her breath and about to walk offstage when he grabbed her hand. Did most people bow after singing at karaoke night? Well, it was certainly well deserved, what with the crowd that had formed and the applause they had garnered. This was her first time at an event like this, but even she could tell that that spirited of a response was a rarity, having seen the few (good, but sleepy) acts before them. So Acel grinned at him and allowed herself a moment to soak up the praise.

The crowd dispersed as they stepped down and found themselves in front of the bar, one of the establishment’s managers replacing them onstage to announce that they’d be taking a short break until the next volunteer performer came on. Radio music filtered into the resumed chatter in the background, Acel hopping onto the nearest stool, eager to sit and even more so to enjoy the cold water her partner slid across the table. She sipped it while he spoke, admiring the green eyes and mop of brown hair that sparkled under the lights (it was probably just sweat, but still, he was working it) as well. What can I say? She’s a talented multi-tasker.

“Oh no, don’t be sorry. I was having so much fun up there. For such a tiny stage, the music and the crowd and the lights and everything can really get your heart beating like a roller-coaster summit,” she said with awe. The director was definitely outing herself as an amateur to this...clearly-not-amateur. She was preparing to hear him laugh at her when she heard compliments instead.

“Really? Thank you,” she laughed, extending her arms with raised palms to gesture toward him instead. “But you! You got everyone up on their feet! Do you perform here often?”

NOTES, i wrote these posts so long ago before getting distracted by play stuff what am i
Ace
LUMINOUS STUDIO
Director
48 POSTS
700 DOLLARS
PLAY BY Onyx
mainstream
KLAUS VON ROSENFELD
YOU KNOW I CAN'T BELIEVE IT WHEN I HEAR THAT YOU WON'T SEE ME
K
V
R
klaus was no actor, as much as he sometimes fancied himself one. As much as he enjoyed pretending that he was simply a man with a passion for music at these open mics, his affinity for performance shined, no matter where he went, no matter how good or bad the performance was. The adrenaline rush of performance was a warm glow that accompanied the carefree, nonchalant smile he gave his karaoke partner, that smile that dismissed this all as no big deal, mere child’s play for the musician.

Sipping the ice cold water, he let out a long sigh as he came down from his high, hoping to enjoy the next performance. With some of the bar attendees sneaking glances in his direction, he couldn’t very well steal the spotlight from the next person (who, for the record, wasn’t going to be able to come anywhere near the caliber that Klaus had set off with— the pink-haired girl was right in saying that he was a regular performer, albeit not in this bar in particular) with his energy and his (sue him) dashing good looks. They’d be the talk of the night as the night died down.

He chuckled as he answered her question. Me? Perform here often? Grüß Gott, not really. I was simply passing by the neighborhood. A lone traveler, crossing paths with this audience. Perhaps our paths will intersect again in the future, perhaps not, but what is important is that for tonight and tonight only, we made them feel something. Joy? Trepedation? Invigorated? Whatever it is, I’ve done my duty for tonight.” He takes another sip, as if he were a wandering western hero, saving the day, never giving a name, and skipping out of town before proper thanks and a bronze statue of him could be erected in the square.

It’s crazy how easy it is for people to forget about your early days. He had frequented this bar for the open mic back in the day with Shin, but now, he really shouldn’t have been giving free performances when he was (contractually) obligated to charge for concerts (not that Rhea would have been too happy with his idea to simply play music for free— they had to make a living somehow).

”How about you? Do you perform here often, or did I just witness the beginning of a career?”

BY MINNIE DARLING ahh ACEL DELYSE ahhh so late
KLAUS ♣
MDS ENTERTAINMENT
Idol
279 POSTS
2700 DOLLARS
PLAY BY asu
mainstream
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

cbox, tag box & affiliates
face in the crowd DETHRONED GODS:RE
Seicho no Hana Avalon a Panfandom RP The Duality of Man Potterwatch Restored
Sengoku Horizon TO BITTER ENDINGS Save Me realm of the seven Reluctant Heroes Prisoners of Fate Hollow Victory | An Original Japanese Folklore Inspired RP