Add Reply
New Poll

SUND☀WN WITH BENJAMIN SUN SEASON 3 EPISODE 1, ft. aria + elliot
BENJAMIN SUN
fire when the strobe hits you, you
bet you're looking for something new
If one were to know Benjamin Sun personally, it would be quite difficult to say that one takes the man completely seriously. It's hard to say that the man even takes himself seriously— can a man truly be so self-absorbed, take himself that seriously?

Fortunately for the republic of Aurozora and perhaps the audience of the world, where all eyes were turned to the island whose major export and industry was entertainment, these were questions the general public didn't have to ponder. Benjamin Sun is at his best on his late night talk show, shining with a charisma that earned him his prime time spot, honed over years of hosting game shows and reality television, forged from the fires of radio, his persona cleverly crafted and developed after almost a decade on air. Not many can say they have accomplished as much at his age. Sundown with Benjamin Sun was, indeed, the pinnacle of late night talk shows broadcast by Aurora News. It was a form of entertainment that didn't come out the doors of MDS or Luminous. Aurora News might have been a news media conglomerate, but damn, it was entertainment, a fact Benjamin knew best.

"Sun, you're on in five."

He chugged his water bottle and donned his signature frames (not that he needed them to see) and smiled at his reflection in the mirror.

Showtime.

He stepped out onto the live studio floor, waving to the audience, the headphone and microphone piece in his ear crackling from all the commotion.

"Gooooooooooooooooood evening, Aurozora! You're watching Sundown with Benjamin Sun, and I'm your host, Benjamin Sun! Let's give a warm, sunny welcome to our guests for the evening, Luminous artists Aria.Caroline and Elliot Enriquez!"

He took a seat at his mahogany desk, took a sip from his Sundown with Benjamin Sun™ coffee mug and gave a wink to the camera, the model of Aurozora blinking behind him as the audience cheered for tonight's special guests to come on out and get this party started.

MADE BY DISMAY
AURORA NEWS
talk & radio show host
14 POSTS
1600 DOLLARS
PLAY BY Asu
no name
ARIA CAROLINE

double act

I need that bad boy to do me right on a Friday And I need that good one to wake me up on a Sunday That one from work can come over on Monday night

She primped her hang, running her fingers through her freshly curled locks. She prodded at her ensemble, pushing and pulling every which way until it sat just right. She starred in the mirror and fussed with her makeup, fixing her lipstick line and fluffing up her lashes. Aria primped, prodded, pushed, pulled, fussed and fluffed every part of her appearance until she was happy. So, she never stopped, because she was never happy.

Something was always too this or too that, nothing could ever be perfect enough for Aria.Caroline from TV. Especially not when she would actually be seen, on TV. Tonight she would be on one of the hottest talk shows to discuss her latest release, amongst other things that she hoped her publicist had put on the *DO NOT ASK* list. Though they often disregarded that when it came to her interviews. Evidently her rather, honest, answers to questions made for great TV which made for great publicity for her.

It was genius really, though she didn’t think of it herself so there was no way Aria would be admitting that.

As she sat backstage, looking in the mirror the starlet paused for a moment. She took just a quick second to look over to her co-star for this evening. He really was rather attractive, she had to admit. That first day in the mall she tried to fight seeing it but, him being dressed up like this, well, it made it all the more clear. Before she was caught gawking like a schoolgirl Aria returned to her own reflect. Unsatisfied as ever.

“Five minute warning.” One of the PAs walked through their dressing room. “Well, this is going to have to be good enough tonight.” There would be no more time for hym’ing and ha’ing, it was almost showtime.

The singer got out of her chair, meeting her fellow artist as they were lead out of the dressing room. “So. You ready to do this Rico-Suavez?” The PAs hustled them out into the corridor, rushing along to the main studio. She looked back at him as they were parade to the stage, “You gonna behave yourself tonight? Huh?” Aria gave him a little wink. As inappropriate his behavior was, seeing as she was still not single (for however fleeting that would prove to be), it wasn’t like she didn’t enjoy it. She very much did enjoy the special attention he paid her.

God knows it was more than she was getting from her actual boyfriend right now. For the past few months for that matter. Fuck, she was horny; the singer bite her lip in private as the thought went through her head.

As the parade of assistants and stage-hands came into the wings of the studio she could hear the crowd from just behind the facade. A few butterflies zoomed around her stomach, at this point Aria was a seasoned professional, but she always felt a little bit of stage fright to be a good thing. It kept you on your toes, put energy in the performance, and she kept to this belief both while on stage and on TV.

Benjamin’s voice erupted in the space behind the fake walls. It was - S h o w t i m e - the starlet took one breath in, letting out all those butterflies, releasing them into the energy of the space. The talk-show hosts voice raised and the crowd started to applaud and cheer louder than before. One of the PAs gave her a gentle push forward, nudging her into the open space.

Here we go. Her heel made contact with the varnish wood floor of the studio and she was off. With a smile plastered over her face and her hand waving back and forth she took the stage, followed closely by Elliot. They were on air.

tags ELLIOT ENRIQUEZ BENJAMIN SUN
words #648 notes showtime

Aria.Caroline
LUMINOUS STUDIO
solo idol
126 POSTS
900 DOLLARS
PLAY BY Perse
hot shit
ELLIOT ENRIQUEZ
I'M NOT THE
FORWARD THINKER. YOU READ MY MIND—BETTER TO LEAVE IT UNSAID. WHY CAN'T I LEAVE IT UNSAID? YOU KNOW I TALK TOO MUCH.
The backstage narcissism didn't stop with Aria. Not in the slightest. There wasn't much that could be done to tear Elliot away from his own reflection, though a valiant effort had been made by the producers with their declaration of a five-minute warning. He resumed admiring himself up to the very last second, smiling and posing and pointing finger guns at the mirror until he was inevitably led out of the dressing room alongside his fellow guest star.

And if he had to look at anything but his reflection for the rest of the evening, Elliot supposed the glamorous face of one Aria.Caroline was a pretty bangin' alternative.

"Who the hell is Rico-Suavez—" he asked, before promptly dismissing the confusion with a shake of his head. Of course, he knew that she knew his actual name—it was probably some kind of reference to something—but on the other hand, she did have a bit of a track record of misremembering her boytoys' names... Exhibit A being the infamous "Conner from Renegades" slip-up. Man, what a fucking meme.

"Only if I have to, sugar," he all but cooed after her. Then, as though to retaliate against the blatant teasing, he reached out to give her a just-as-playful smack on the rear end, not two seconds before they were cued onto the stage by the show host himself.

Elliot followed her into the limelight a moment later, greeting the roar of the crowd with a most complacent smile, and acknowledging the squeals of several DRIFT fangirls in the front row with one well-rehearsed wink-and-finger-gun gesture.

He made to ensure Aria was comfortable in her chair before taking a seat for himself (if only to appear more of a gentleman than he really was), then proceeded to charm the audience with a playful "Shh, shh," whenever their cheering persisted. To his hushing signal, they quickly quieted themselves, and Elliot turned his gaze towards the red-headed host with an entertained grin.

"Damn," he said, "lots of power up here." He heard some audience members chuckle at this, and in response to the commotion, he turned on them again, this time with a stern finger-point. "Hey, what did I say," he pretended to scold them, then cracked another amused smile as they laughed some more.

The thing about Elliot was this: no matter how problematic of a person he could be, the general public still (for some reason) adored him. He was well aware of this, and he thrived off of it. And it only made him more powerful—and in the end, that only made him more problematic.

"Thanks for havin' us on tonight, Ben," he finally said to the host, making himself comfortable in his chair as he spewed the necessary pleasantries. "It's great to be here."

BENJAMIN SUN ARIA CAROLINE
NOTES
3 toxic ppl on one set, lets go
elliot.
LUMINOUS STUDIO
lead rapper, DRIFT
104 POSTS
600 DOLLARS
PLAY BY kiwii
mainstream
BENJAMIN SUN
fire when the strobe hits you, you
bet you're looking for something new
Three problematic, narcissistic people, one late night talk show set, what could possibly go wrong? Oh yeah, this was a usual occurrence. Nothing unusual here. When television presents narcissism as confidence and people don't know what goes on behind the scenes, you're gucci. The only unhappy parties were those who had to deal with all three of their combined personalities backstage. "The help need to respect us, it's fine."

The narcissism is dialed back a little for his late night talk show, seeing as it was the place that he attempted to draw fame and attention from his guests. Sundown was where Benjamin shined best.

If there was anything that Benjamin was truly skilled at, it was in how he selected his guests. Of course, it would have an easy and obvious choice to invite all of DRIFT to the set of Sundown with Benjamin Sun— from the stories that Benji had heard about their miracle worker of a manager, DRIFT could have definitely signed on for a reality television show for themselves, based on all the drama that each individual member carried. Theo and his failed almost-marriage, Oliver and his antics involving Eloise Prideux and bailing out MDS rapper Richard Wayne, Elliot and his million and one philandering adventures (which totally would have produced enough material for the band's rapper to have his own reality tv show lbr), Sky and his muscles, and Cass, the saddest, prettiest boy in Aurozora. ...Actually, what a shame. If the boys had been signed onto MDS, Benji would have totally thrown some money at a reality television show. Produced by Benjamin Sun, of course.

But no, that idea was going to be saved for some other time. Perhaps a season finale or in the heart of a special event. Benji was an innovator, and so, he liked inviting people that otherwise wouldn't be seen together. Two successful up and coming Luminous artists who have stirred the pot enough to catch the attentions of both Gossip Girl and Aurozora Exposed who were also pretty good looking. Plus, the mystery musical guest was definitely Benji's bet on who was going to be the next big name people will be dropping in the morrow.

"No, thank you for joining us this fine evening. We're lucky to have you," Benji said as he fingered the handle of his Sundown with Benjamin Sun™ coffee mug. "With all the buzz about the Aurozora Talent Awards coming soon, to be covered by yours truly, I'm sure the both of you have been very busy as of late."

Banter banter banter. That's honestly what characterizes these late night talk shows. "First off, congratulations Elliot, on your band's nomination for Best Band! That's very exciting for you— and at only twenty years old, to boot."

Turning to Aria, he flashed her a Benjamin Sun Smile™ "And congratulations to you on your first duet! Him & I is such a banger— in fact, I started playing it on my morning radio show about two weeks ago. It must be something a little different for you, Aria? How was the process of writing and performing since this is your first time collaborating with a fellow artist?"

MADE BY DISMAY
AURORA NEWS
talk & radio show host
14 POSTS
1600 DOLLARS
PLAY BY Asu
no name
ARIA CAROLINE

double act

I need that bad boy to do me right on a Friday And I need that good one to wake me up on a Sunday That one from work can come over on Monday night

Aria’s eyes darted back at Elliot just as she stepped on stage. He was nothing if not brazen, she could see the cocky dripping from that smirk on his face. Had his face not been almost as perfect as her own she would have slapped him then and there.

The crowds were particularly buzzed this evening, Aria tried to ignore the Drift signs held up by a flock of pathetic fan girls. As if that would ever get his attention, especially not when she was around. Aria’s face read ‘SO EXCITED to be here’ but in her head she was rhyming off all the ways those girls paled in comparison to herself. Ha. And they thought their desperate adoration gave them any kind of chance with a guy like Elliot. Please. Dream on.

Elliot played his part very well however, hush the crowd only to get them all roared up right afterwards. Aria had to admit, he might have been just as good as she was playing this media famegame. Like the gentleman, she assumed he wasn’t, Elliot helped her into her seat, so she could be seated like a lady. Can’t have her Britney showing off to the world.

Aria plastered her smile across her face as Elliot continued to engage with the audience. As the seconds passed by she started to grow less and less patient with his pandering. Didn’t he know that no one, not even a guy she is interested in, gets to pull THAT much focus from the real star. That star being Aria.Caroline from TV of course.

Once his little parade was done Benjamin struck up the conversation. Those typical ‘approved’ chat show lines. Congrats on your nomination, I love your new project, you know, the regular bullshit. “Oh thanks so much Ben! I am super excited to see it still at number 1! But when two forces like this come together, how could it not go straight to the top of the charts! Right?” Aria laughter was a practiced mixture of fake and polite, riding the hardline of ‘wow she is having a blast’ and ‘wow she is so not having it’. Aria had perfected the routine after her many press tours from the album cycles.

“But yeah, it was definitely a ‘new’ experience for me. Collabing that is… But I always bring my A game to every writing session. So I guess I just kind of looked at it as writing for my own album? I often collab with composers and such on my own songs. It’s an organic process really. And Elliot just brought so much energy to the song! We really tried to pull from personal experiences, you know, with each other and our past experiences.”

“But maybe that’s just how I saw it. Haha. I never even asked Elliot. How did you think it went???”

tags ELLIOT ENRIQUEZ BENJAMIN SUN words #648
notes barf. i love it.

Aria.Caroline
LUMINOUS STUDIO
solo idol
126 POSTS
900 DOLLARS
PLAY BY Perse
hot shit
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

cbox, tag box & affiliates
face in the crowd DETHRONED GODS:RE
Seicho no Hana Avalon a Panfandom RP The Duality of Man Potterwatch Restored
Sengoku Horizon TO BITTER ENDINGS Save Me realm of the seven Reluctant Heroes Prisoners of Fate Hollow Victory | An Original Japanese Folklore Inspired RP