Add Reply
New Poll

☀N AIR WITH BENJAMIN SUN : JANUARY WEEK 2, ft. conna
BENJAMIN SUN
come a little closer, then you'll see
things aren't always what they seem to be
Most people would hate the thought of having to be up at the butt crack of dawn, fully dressed and ready to go before 6 AM. After nine years on air, it still has yet to get any easier to actually get up. However, every Monday, for the past nine years, Benjamin Sun actually looks forward to being up at the butt crack of dawn, trusty light roast Twinklebucks in hand, strolling on into Aurora News, shooting his signature smile at bleary-eyed employees and the Aurozora's citizenry alike. Monday morning wasn't the start of the work week for Benjamin Sun, no. It was the beginning of the party he held every week, radio prime time, a celebration entitled On Air with Benjamin Sun.

It may have been a cardinal sin to have food and drink in the sound room, but Benjamin Sun is edgy and doesn't play by the rules. He'd earned that right after his many years of service and grovelling, through showing that he could pull in viewership and listenership out of thin air. And so, this week's episode of On Air with Benjamin Sun will involve... a culinary aspect.

"Gooooooooooooood morning, Aurozora! The time right now is 6:03 AM, and you are listening to On Air with Benjamin Sun. I'm your host, Benjamin Sun, and you just listened to Feel Good, by Ekho. I hope everyone's feeling good this morning, because you're in for a treat! Joining me on air is Conna Kowalski, frontman of the Retrogrades. Our man of the hour has dropped his latest album "It's Complicated Misery Love." Benji positioned the second mic in front of his guest for the day, smiling ear to ear and radiating an energy that really shouldn't have been possible at 6 in the morning. The man probably had to sacrifice an innocent to be that energized every week. "Why don't you introduce yourself, Conna? Any words for our beloved audience this morning?"

MADE BY DISMAY
AURORA NEWS
talk & radio show host
14 POSTS
1600 DOLLARS
PLAY BY Asu
no name
CONNA KOWALSKI
TAG
NOTES
Boiiii
It wasn't too difficult for Conna to get up before 6 in the morning. If he knew ahead of time he could plan his sleep schedule accordingly. He like his job- no, he loved it, so there was no reason to hesitate when getting out of bed in the morning, unless he'd not had enough sleep of course. But he'd planned well, and managed to make sure he'd had a plentiful 7 hours of sleep prior to waking up early in the morning.

He drove his way down to the A-News studio fine and dandy, dressed in reasonably informal attire, as this was still Conna we were talking about. Steve in the passenger seat, just chilling as he didn't really know what was going on. He never really did. The guy was big enough now to sit on Conna's forearm and take up the entire thing. Conna strut in with the lizard nested on his shoulder like he was some epic super villain, sun glasses on as well, despite the fact it wasn't sunny. He just liked to look cool.

A few meetings and greetings later, Conna found himself sitting in the booth, positioned on the opposite side of the table from Benji, likely so that it didn't feel awkward while talking to each other. A cup of tea within his reach, and Steve being tended to by... someone. He didn't take his name before leaving him with the fella' just outside the room. He'd be okay. He didn't do much at all, anyway. He'd told the guy to bring him in if he started acting up for whatever reason too, so all was gucci.

That aside, Conna leaned back into a relaxed state in his provided chair, it was comfy. Probably comfier than his at home. And just as he may or may not have had the chance to contemplate taking the chair home with him, Benji had started off their magical journey this morning. He remembered the radio hosts back in England to be a little more on the bleak and grim reality side of things. Not to say they lacked the charisma, though they usually drew in viewers by being relateable, as oppose to putting on this over exaggerated persona, like he noticed Americans do, while he was over there, and apparently Aurozorans were also into this.

"What up. It's Conna K." He said, introducing himself into the microphone as he pulled it just a little closer, leaning into it to make sure he wasn't too quiet. "-And I got nothing, I was gonna' spit some words of wisdom but I don't know what to say really.. Ha." He added, leaning back again and raising his cuppa' to his lips, taking a sip and nodding lightly.

conner from renegades
LUMINOUS STUDIO
idol
81 POSTS
700 DOLLARS
PLAY BY Law
mainstream
BENJAMIN SUN
Benjmain Sun had built his personal brand like he built his empire: with personal style. Where American television and radio personalities fell flat in their overly blown, larger-than-life portrayals of themselves, Benjamin Sun simply was as extra as he put himself out there. All-natural, genuine, really, nothing fake here except that he actually had to reel back a little to account for professionalism on air, to make certain his self-appreciation wasn't something that fully clouded his talk shows. He was here to make other stars shine, to draw off the star power of his guests and entertain the general public with the professional entertainers themselves.

Conna Kowalski may not have been on the top charts as of lately with that Megan girl totally dominating the music business at the moment, but Benji could sense a diamond in the rough. He wasn't here to hype what was hot right now-- he was here to determine what would be hot tomorrow. And Conna, he guaranteed it, was going to be as hot as the cups of tea he had laid out for the Brit.

"Wise words from Conna K, everybody," Benji said as he raised the cup to his lips and took a sip. "Truly, a refreshing way to spend my morning. We're really hyped here at the station for your upcoming album, but before we get to what everybody's talking to you about, why not give our listeners an exclusive look at the man behind the music? It brings me back to my formative years, sharing a cuppa with a countryman of my hosts."

If there was one thing that set Benji apart from many Aurozorans, it was that he spoke with a slightly less harsh Received Pronunciation, with an occasional slip of the cockney he'd learned on the streets of London, lollygagging with some of his delinquent, spoiled international school friends. He does still think fondly upon his time in London, even if it was simply a place for his parents to dump him to not have to deal with him. "So, might I begin with a somewhat personal question? How do you make your tea?"

As if on cue, two Aurora News interns came in with a cart filled with assorted tea leaves, a kettle of boiling water, a carton of milk, and sweeteners ranging from artificial to sugar straight off the cane. And of course, a platter of biscuits, to taste. "What a shame we aren't on live television for this demonstration, but since this is the morning, how about you walk our listeners step by step through some quality tea-making?"

MADE BY DISMAY
AURORA NEWS
talk & radio show host
14 POSTS
1600 DOLLARS
PLAY BY Asu
no name
CONNA KOWALSKI
TAG
NOTES
HOLY SHIT BEN A BIT PERSONAL THERE
"Wise words indeed." He echoed, a grin on his face as he sat back in his chair rocking ever so slightly to amuse himself as he waited the inevitable rain of questions to hurl towards him. He'd been practicing the night before, as sad as it sounded. This was, really, his first BIG interview. Nobody wanted to interview the ban back in their first album's phase. There was like, what? Two songs of the album worth a listen. Only die hard Retrograde fans would give praise to the first album in the years to come.

Overall, this was a first for him though, at least with as many listeners as this. He tried to play it cool though, as though this was his natural habitat. Kicking it back and relaxing to his fullest. He nodded along and let out a subtle "Mhm." in response to uncle benji's comments on his new album. He smiled after taking a sip, raising his cuppa and nodding to his remarks on their English roots.

"You can't beat a good cuppa'." He said, sipping loud enough for it to be heard through the mic as he pulled it closer to himself, to not have to keep leaning into it as he chilled back in his chair. In contrast to Benji's cockney slips and dimmed down RP accent, Conna was from more the midlands, with roots from both Yorkshire and the North, as well as Leicester. Oh and Poland, apparently. His father's side was Polish.

The booth went silent again, for some time as the two took their time in appreciating their tea, it's taste and glory as it ran through their taste buds and down their throat. Noice. Conna couldn't help but smile at the first question asked by Uncle Ben, an unexpected one indeed. He raised an eyebrow and took his time in thinking of an initial witty response. He nodded accordingly and gulped down some tea which had filled his mouth just moments before. "That is a personal question... Very personal." He said, sitting up into a more serious position in his chair, to show he was fully serious with his response. Body language was key, even if it was sarcastic. "You know some people actually get ridiculously personal when you give a response to this so, trigger warning I guess. - Shout out to Cass by the way." He added, in a mocking way as though to hint at a previous argument with the side hoe.

He adjusted the mic accordingly to his new posture, and tilted his head downwards, while looking up, so his eyes were still matching Benji's as he demonstrated on the desk in front of him with a variety of different simple hand gestures. "So... First you put in your tea bag." He started off, he could already hear an army of English people screaming at their radios. "Then you put the milk in, and I'll explain why before anyone sends death threats my way. First, it tastes the same whether you put the milk in before or after the water. Second, I use the same cup for my tea every time, and even then most mugs are roughly the same size. I KNOW how much milk goes in the cup to make it taste just right. If you put the milk in after the water you can't measure it, so you just have to guess. And if you put too much in then you're just.. You buggered up your tea then haven't you." He said, taking a sip as he awaited someone to attempt to tackle his flawless logic. "Oh and then you put in one sugar and stir it in." He said, with a firm nod to finalize his statement.

conner from renegades
LUMINOUS STUDIO
idol
81 POSTS
700 DOLLARS
PLAY BY Law
mainstream
BENJAMIN SUN
A guest spot on On Air with Benjamin Sun could make or break you. Unconventional in his approach, it’s quite a shame that On Air with Benjamin Sun wasn’t a visual feature— with everything happening behind the mic, Benji and his guests could have created enough content for another show. On Air with Benjamin Sun was the spot that every up and coming artist wanted to get onto, and while Retrograde’s first album was routine at best, Benjamin Sun wanted to claim credit for “discovering” Retrograde’s earworm of a second album. As much as Luminous and MDS needed people like Benjamin Sun at Aurora News, Benjamin Sun needed to talents whose success he could predict and popularize.

Sipping his cups right into the mic, he let out a satisfying sigh as he took in the bitterness of the black tea he had brought into the radio station. Definitely against one of the main rules that were drilled into the minds of broadcasting students. The radio personality covered his mouth as he laughed aristocratically ”I ask the personal questions, lad.” Start low, go slow— depending on how Conna answered, Benji could easily have dug into anything much more uncomfortable. A specialty for the former reality TV star, if you will. Crossing his arms, his mouth turned up into that smirk. ”Don’t disappoint me— I take this question very seriously.”

”So... First, you put in your tea bag.” So far so good... and then, Conna put the milk in. Cold. Yet another reason why it was a shame that On Air with Benjamin Sun wasn’t broadcast as a television show. The cringe on Benji’s face betrayed the shock that came with this insult to tea lovers everywhere.

”If you know how much milk to put in already, wouldn’t you already know how much water to put in?” Benji queried, asking the hard questions as he wearily eyed the cup of “tea.” For the man who revered afternoon tea as his Singaporean aunties revered church, this was sacrilege.

Taking a sip from his own cup of tea, Benji shook his head in disapproval. ”I don’t suppose they do things so differently in Leicester, but I could be wrong.” Conna was very lucky that Benji happened to really like Deadcrush and even Come a Little Closer (a guilty pleasure, given that Benji had a pretty good feeling that the song wasn’t going to be well-received). Otherwise, Conna would have gotten the blunt end of Benji’s world-class, award-winning criticism.

MADE BY DISMAY
AURORA NEWS
talk & radio show host
14 POSTS
1600 DOLLARS
PLAY BY Asu
no name
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

cbox, tag box & affiliates
face in the crowd DETHRONED GODS:RE
Seicho no Hana Avalon a Panfandom RP The Duality of Man Potterwatch Restored
Sengoku Horizon TO BITTER ENDINGS Save Me realm of the seven Reluctant Heroes Prisoners of Fate Hollow Victory | An Original Japanese Folklore Inspired RP