Add Reply
New Poll

✿ unavailable, insatiable, ft. min-jun
FRANZISKA HAN
All personal issues put aside, Spirited Away was the crown jewel of the Hans' contributions to the cultural development of society. Franziska couldn't help but wonder just where she would have been by now, had she been allowed to ride the wave of success that came with Spirited Away. At the tender age of eight years old, Han Ji-Woo and Han Min-Jun had captivated the world as Chihiro and Haku, trapped in a mystical spirit world that called to a sense of a loss of identity. The children were heavily praised for their acting, lauded as the child actors of their time, meant for greatness in their future endeavors. Spirited Away was perhaps Han Sungcheol's greatest accomplishment, and the sense of family that the film conveyed was not lost to audiences everywhere. Maybe Franziska was a little bitter, to not have been able to continue acting immediately after the film, despite being offered just about every great children's roles at the time, due to her mother's insistence that she join her in the rise of her fashion career. She was also perhaps a little jealous that her brother was definitely given the opportunity to continue riding that wave, and perhaps somewhat disappointed that he didn't continue... though it could be said that if he did continue on after, she would have eventually developed resentment.

For the thirteenth year anniversary of the film, the Hans were set to speak at a panel for the film at a small film convention at Aurozora's exclusive country club, where the world's top filmmakers gathered to celebrate the glory of film. Unfortunately, one Han couldn't make it-- the director himself, who texted his dear daughter a short "Sorry, I won't be able to make it to the panel today, but I'll meet you at Ocean Star afterwards. Just ask for the table for three under my name." Sighing, she easily swept through the panel, answering questions she had been asked since she was eight about the film, side glancing her brother and wondering whether he had received the same text. She signed some autographs, took some photos, even read out some of her old lines, all in the name of good publicity, her specialty.

She left the country club to get ready for lunch at Ocean Star, still a little excited to meet with her father. Franziska was always a daddy's girl, clearly her father's favorite, making growing up under the custody of her mother a little difficult. He had a... terrible track record, when it came to actually meeting with his daughter, if that gossip blast that postulated a clandestine date with Theodore Jeong said anything. She knew she should have expected disappointment by now, shouldn't firmly cling to the idea that her father would keep to his promise of showing up, but, like a fool, she always hoped. Daddy would show up for his little girl, wouldn't he?

So, when she showed up to the restaurant, she was almost just about to give the man sitting at the table a warm greeting and a hug, when she realized... no, that wasn't her father. That was her brother, earlier than she was. Frowning, she removed her coat, placed it on the back of her chair, and sat down, asking "Is abeoji here yet? How long have you been waiting?"

MIN-JUN HAN: let's get these daddy issues on the road

'Cause you know how to leave
BY MITZI
Franziska Han
LUMINOUS STUDIO
Actress
195 POSTS
600 DOLLARS
PLAY BY Asu
mainstream
MIN-JUN HAN
another
LOST CAUSE
TAG
WORD
NOTES
✉ passive-aggressiveness on.
Min-Jun shouldn't have been surprised. In fact, he wasn't surprised when he got a text message from his father telling him that he couldn't make it and to cover the panel for him as well. It wasn't hard but really, one would think the director would be there for the anniversary of one of his bigger movies. The one that had his favorite child, Jii-Woo in it too. The male had rolled his eyes at the text not bothering to reply to it. Like that guy would reply back. Maybe if it was Ji-Woo but he wasn't Ji-Woo.

So the actor put up a smile and answered a few questions from a movie that was still popular. Many would be proud that their movie was still beloved even twelve years later. Min-Jun honestly wished it would just die already. Shouldn't these people want to move onto newer movies? There were a few questions about the new projects, specifically if the twin were going to be in any seeing as they work for the same studio. He gave a vague reply at best stating that they would have to just wait and see with a playful wink.

When the panel was over, Min-Jun took some pictures and signed a few autographs before excusing himself. There was a light skip to his step as he got over to his chauffeur and told him to head to Ocean Star. Once inside the car, the actor rolled down the window before giving a wave to his fans. Only when the car was completely away from the place did Min-Jun rolled up his window and took out his phone to read the text again.

"Who are you meeting at Ocean Star?"

"No one too big," was the reply. The half-Korean did his best to make sure it sounded as nonchalant as possible. Because it wasn't anything big, this shouldn't be anything big.

That was why when Min-Jun found that he was the first in the restaurant, he didn't feel anything but mild annoyance. Of course, the man wasn't here. He was either late, the best case scenario, or he wasn't showing up at all. The actor ignored the likeliness of that possibility and sat down instead. Well whatever, if the guy doesn't come here, Min-Jun was just going to put everything on his tab. That will teach the man not to constantly stand people up...or not. It never really did.

Min-Jun's head perked up at the sound of footsteps. He actually- oh...it was just Ji-Woo. He didn't bother to hide the disappointment on his face. He was sure she probably felt the same. Daddy's favorite little girl. Still, if she was here, Min-Jun suppose the man would probably show up, right?

At her question, he shook his head gesturing to the unoccupied chair as if to ask 'do you see any evidence of him?'. "Don't know. Longer than you have apparently." Min-Jun was sure the guy had probably met up with her at various points throughout the years. Min-Jun, however, has not seen the man since he entered middle school.

Gray eyes looked into the woman's identical pair. Boy did he wanted some contacts right now. "I wouldn't worry if I were you. Pretty sure he would show up," the words 'for you' were left unsaid. So was the bitterness as Min-Jun put up a friendly smile. They were somewhat in a public area or at least there were other people. Min-Jun should at least try to be on his best heavior. "We didn't really have time to talk to each other during the convention." Rather, they didn't have time to talk lately in general, but the actor didn't mind that. He preferred it that way. "So how have you been?' Yeah, small talks will do he suppose.

Min-Jun Han
LUMINOUS STUDIO
Actor
57 POSTS
3300 DOLLARS
PLAY BY vy
trash tier
FRANZISKA HAN
Franziska had to be a fool, to think that something as constant as tidal waves would cease to crash to the shore, just because she willed it. When was the last time daddy's little girl got a hug from daddy? When was the last time he actually followed up on his promises? Franziska couldn't help but feel the little bit of jealousy in herself, that wishing to have been able to continue working on films with her father. Sometimes, she couldn't help but wonder why her brother didn't continue on after the split...

But those were things that were to be pondered after recovering from the shame of being stood up by father dearest. Fran might have felt... a good amount of distance when it came to her brother, but really, who else would understand the problem at hand better than her twin? "Mmm... he'll... he'll show up," she said, biting the bottom of her lip, as if to convince herself of the fact, maybe even to keep herself from saying something along the lines of for you, if the man's absence at Day Sao Heaven accounted for anything. "It's been a while since I've seen him, so... I really hope we'll be able to catch up with him."

That was the thing about hero worship, right? You're willing to turn a blind eye to your hero's faults, drawing onto false hopes, trying to convince yourself of their absolute goodness in opposition to the villain's absolutely evil.

With the man of the evening not present, though, perhaps this was an opportunity for the twins to catch up themselves. Despite working at the same studio, they rarely interacted at work, save for some passing glances. They hadn't been placed on any projects together since their film days in Korea, and if Fran was honest, she missed acting alongside her brother. Ji-Woo and Min-Jun, Min-Jun and Ji-Woo, the duo were a force to be reckoned with as child actors. They may have been okay separately, but any scene featuring the both of them rarely needed more than one take. Fran hadn't heard too much about her brother's projects as of late, though that could possibly be her fault— she was a busy woman.

"Ah, I've been fine," she said, waving her hand in dismissal. Despite what the gossip blogs had to say, she had to say this was perhaps the most stable she had been in her personal life. For once, she was pretty damn satisfied with the Aurozora Exposed mention— damn straight she was angry. "We're just about wrapping up with Hunger Games. I've been putting in a lot of hours at the shooting range with Kyun. Archery's somewhat messing with my shoulder."

"Would you like something to drink?" a waiter asked. A slight second of hesitation.

"Three glasses of water? Do you want anything else, Jun?"

Once the waiter brought them their drinks, she took a sip of water through her straw. "So, how have you been? Am I hearing something about a superhero movie?"

MIN-JUN HAN: grasping at straws here

BY MITZI
Franziska Han
LUMINOUS STUDIO
Actress
195 POSTS
600 DOLLARS
PLAY BY Asu
mainstream
MIN-JUN HAN
another
LOST CAUSE
TAG
WORD
NOTES
✉ hope that's working for you franziska XD
How long was a while? A year? A month? Week? Day? Min-Jun had to hold back the urge to scoff at her words. "I'm sure you will? You and not we because Min-Jun doubted the man would ask about him. Well, at least he would be able to hear what his father had been up to from his own mouth. Even if it won't be directly at him. He ignored the fact that he was almost happy to be getting something equivalent to mere crumbs.

With the waiting game here, waiting because the man had to come. His beloved Ji-Woo was here. He just needed to waste some time, so he asked how she had been. He wasn't that interested, or interested at all for that matter. This was nothing more than to pass the time. After all, with the two working in the same company, it would be easy to know what Franziska (that name was a lot easier to use...less bitterness) was up to. Hunger Game, it sounded like it would be a fun movie. One that he might watch for the heck of it. "I'm sure it'll be worth it." He replied back with a small shrug. Fortunately, before she can reply, someone came asking what they would like to drink.

Franziska ordered water before looking over at him. Min-Jun looked at her back. Water sounded good honestly. He didn't mind, just water should be fine. However, if their father was coming here, he was going to need a drink. If he wasn't...he'll still need a drink. "Get me a glass of Syrah." He had debated to ask for the whole bottle but well...the idea of being judged by Franziska was stopping him for now. Hopefully, a few glass will help with that.

It didn't take long before the waiter came back with three glass of water and telling Min-Jun his wine was coming up. He gave a small nod before the other walked away leaving the siblings alone again. Goddamnit, maybe he should have flirted with the waiter just to have something to distract him. It wasn't like Min-Jun could talk to Franziska about Hunger Game. He wasn't in the movie and he hasn't read the book either.

Yet instead of silence, Franziska had asked him about a superhero movie. Min-Jun blinked staring at the girl, his gray eyes widened at the question. She...she knew about that? Well of course she had. People in Luminous probably talked about him often. She didn't seek it out, she couldn't help but hear it. Yes, that must be it. The male Han made sure to school his face back to a neutral expression, the one he often tries to maintain around Franziska. "Yeah. Not as the hero though." Even if the thought did pass his mind. He could have tried to be Thor but...he had played a hero before. In fact, it was a superhero role that had helped Luminous notice him. For his reputation, a hero role would probably be for the best. Yet, he couldn't bring himself to do it, not this time anyway. It reminded him too much of those days sitting in his room with a bunch of amateurs watching edited videos and laughing at the memories of certain takes. "I'm going for Loki," he informed her. "Delilah is in it as well." They shared one scene together in fact. She did a really good job. Sure it took more than one take and she wasn't the best but she was certainly impressive. "Why so curious?" he asked with an arched brow now that he thought about it. It wasn't like Franziska cared. "Want a piece of the superhero franchise?"

Min-Jun Han
LUMINOUS STUDIO
Actor
57 POSTS
3300 DOLLARS
PLAY BY vy
trash tier
FRANZISKA HAN
Whether the word choice slipped past her or that she simply ignored it, it was hard to say. Daddy's little girl's in denial. She took his false reassurance without much protest or hesitation, without saying that Daddy had it in him to skip out on speaking with his favorite daughter to cavort with a supermodel. She couldn't admit to it— not yet, anyways. Especially not to her dear brother, who had the privilege of spending his formative years with the man. She decided to engross herself in her brother’s professional life instead.

”Not as the hero? That’s new,” she raised an eyebrow as she took her glass of water. As child actors, they often portrayed protagonists. Franziska hadn’t dabbled in being an antagonist until Riverdale. ”Loki? The trickster god?” Having read the comics in her down time and during flights, Fran may have had a difficult time imagining her brother as the green-eyed trickster God at odds with Thor. And, suffice to say, it wasn’t inaccurate to say that she may have been a little envious of him for winning a part in The Avengers. She wasn’t doing extremely well in the superhero genre at the moment, her portrayal of Motoko Kusanagi in Ghost in the Shell heavily critiqued, allegations of her face being altered by CGI for the film or having gone under the knife abound after stills were leaked.

She shrugged, as if his involvement in The Avengers wasn’t really a bother for her. There was sure to be sequels abound with Luminous having recently acquired rights to Marvel comics, sure to be a superhero she would be able to get her hands on. Or villain, whatever suited her. ”It’d be nice to join the Marvel franchise, even if there doesn’t seem to be a part for me just yet.” Maybe it did bother her just a little that she wasn’t part of The Avengers. ”We haven’t been in a movie together in a long time,” she added, letting disappointment lace her words. Grey eyes travelled to the entrance of the restaurant, betraying slight discontent as she glanced at the water glass without owner. Why had she been so hopeful after receiving a text from her father when the result was always the same?

”Though, I do have to say, hasn’t that movie been physically demanding? I’ve heard from Delilah just how intense superhero training has been,” Franziska asked to detract from the now. Delilah was becoming no stranger to the battle ropes in Luminous’ personal training studio. Fran may have had basic training when it came to her role in Ghost in the Shell, but judging from Delilah’s training, The Avengers seemed to be a production that threw the actors around like rag dolls. ”I’m not doubting you, but are you doing your own stunts? I have yet to see you in an action film,” she observed, crossing her arms, realizing that perhaps she wasn’t as updated on her brother’s career as she thought she was. She couldn’t even remember what his last movie was— not that he kept her updated.

MIN-JUN HAN: it's... working dear brother u wu //cough

BY MITZI
Franziska Han
LUMINOUS STUDIO
Actress
195 POSTS
600 DOLLARS
PLAY BY Asu
mainstream
MIN-JUN HAN
another
LOST CAUSE
TAG
WORD
NOTES
✉ happy to hear that, ji-woo. -nods-
Min-Jun gave a small shrug, "I wanted to try something new. I'm sure you would understand, I heard you've been trying a villain role yourself." Then at the confirmation, he gave a small nod. Trickster god, pretty much. Although Min-Jun might had read more of the comic just for research purposes and well....apparently late he becomes the 'God of Evil' or something. It was pretty standard comic, nothing too big. Oh and then he dies and becomes reincarnated as a kid? There were reasons why Min-Jun didn't read that many comics. Mangas and manhwas were so much better.

They haven't...the last time they were in a film together, it was when their father was in both of their lives. "Maybe in the future?" he honestly hoped not. He didn't want to work with Franziska for as long as he can. In fact, he had actively avoided working with her whenever possible and for good reasons if he was to say so himself. Of course, he couldn't openly say that because what kind of a brother would he be if he was to so openly reject the idea of ever working with his sister? Well actually, apparently a very normal one if the Han family was anything to judge for it.

He caught her gray eyes looking over at the glass. It was hard not to follow her, the actor had to take a sip of his water to distract himself. Fortunately, Franziska must had felt the need to distract herself because she decided to ask him about how demanding the training was. A lot..it was a lot more demanding than when he just pretended to be Red Flash. Back in the days where it was more of a 'for fun' thing than money making. Not that Min-Jun needed money or anything.

Min-Jun caught himself giving something of a bitter smirk towards her before shaking his head. He wasn't going to tell her that he had been watching a few of her movies here and there. Just a few mind you. It didn't surprise him that she didn't follow him though. Of course, she wouldn't, it would probably be a waste of her time unless their father's name happened to be on it. "It's taxing but fun." He didn't mind the training all too much, it helped him stay in shape. What he had a problem was just the directing that just..urgh. He hated that director. "Thanks for worrying about me though."

The bottle of wine accompanied by three glasses arrived. Thank fucking god. Min-Jun reached over with practiced nonchalance, opening up the bottle and pouring one in a glass. "Want one?" he asked out of courtesy more than anything, still holding onto the bottle.

Min-Jun Han
LUMINOUS STUDIO
Actor
57 POSTS
3300 DOLLARS
PLAY BY vy
trash tier
FRANZISKA HAN
Fran's gaze shied away as he pointed out that she had been working on a villain role. "I wouldn't say Cheryl's completely a villain, per se..." It was almost an unspoken rule among the cast of Riverdale— they don't talk about Riverdale. She and Daiki had been able to escape the slaughter that was the ratings of most of the cast of Riverdale, having been given three out of five stars for their slightly average efforts, but damn was everyone so off during Riverdale. Was it something in the water? Was it scheduling? Was it cast dynamics? That was a mystery that has yet to be solved. She didn't even want to think about the mishap that was Mallory Cobb on the set of Inception. After having freaked out with one of the first scenes she had shot involving dropping her out of a window, that movie experience was something she'd rather not recall, nor admit defeat to.

Fran accepted the wine bottle from her brother's hand. and poured herself a glass of wine. "Thanks, oppa," she said, pouring her father a glass before picking up her glass, swirling it around, taking a whiff of it, and taking a sip. Excellent choice.

"Would you two like to peruse our menu and order some food? Your third guest could order once they arrive," the waitress asked, Fran checking the time on her phone, only for the disappointment in her eyes becoming increasingly more obvious— they had already been waiting for about half an hour, and the longer the clock ticked, the less likely their father was going to show up at the restaurant as he said he would, as he always said he would.

When was the last time he actually followed through on that promise?

"Do we want to order and let abeoji order when he arrives? Either that, or does he still like spicy and savory?"

MIN-JUN HAN: the waiting game is p fun isn't it

BY MITZI
Franziska Han
LUMINOUS STUDIO
Actress
195 POSTS
600 DOLLARS
PLAY BY Asu
mainstream
MIN-JUN HAN
another
LOST CAUSE
TAG
WORD
NOTES
✉ i think min-jun is having a race right now. and he's gonna win cuz dad won't even bother -shot-
Min-Jun merely gave a nod to her words not really adding on. He didn't bother to watch Riverdale. From what he heard, it was simply not worth this time.

When the girl poured a glass for their father, the actor rolled his eyes. Of course, she did. Even though they can easily buy another, since they were rich and it wasn't like they were paying either, it still felt like a waste. After all, he was taking quite a while. He gave a nod to her gratitude, "Anibnida," he replied back more due to habit than anything. Hell, he had even reverted back to Korean, something he rarely ever used in Aurozora and for good reasons. Min-Jun took a sip of his drink relishing it if only to ignore Franziska.

The waitress came and asked if hey wished to order. Has that much time passed already or was the staff simply impatient? Judging from the look on Franziska's face as she stared at her time, it was most likely the former. So he wasn't coming, huh? Min-Jun should have been surprised seeing as his favorite was here but he couldn't say he was all that disappointed. The sensible part of himself wondered why he even had his hope up in the first place.

Franziska seemed to stay strong. Another good thing about her, he supposed. Good for you, Franziska, good for you. "Yeah. Although he can just order once he gets here." In truth, the male twin didn't know their father's taste anymore. The man could have changed but like hell, he was going to let his sister knew that. Instead, he focused on his own order. The seafood here should be good but he had some red wine. "I'll have filet mignon, well cooked and some green salad." Gray eyes then turned back to his female companion. The idea that she was possibly his only companion almost disturbed him. "What about you?" When was the last time they actually ate together? Hell if Min-Jun can remember and with some more wine, he might not even remember this one. Speaking of which, Min-Jun took another gulp before pouring himself another glass.

Better get wasted fast.

Min-Jun Han
LUMINOUS STUDIO
Actor
57 POSTS
3300 DOLLARS
PLAY BY vy
trash tier
FRANZISKA HAN
Franziska knew in the back of her mind that by this point, it was silly to expect their father to actually pull through. They were approaching just about the time when she would have had to concede defeat, to declare herself fully stood up. With her brother here, though, there was something inside her that wanted to keep going on with this charade, pretending that their father really was going to show up any minute now, to not let go of her pride, her certainty that their father would show face. This was the anniversary of his legacy film, the film that defined a generation.

Not that that would have really brought their father here. The man was clearly distracted with his own matters, whether it be a new woman, a new project, a new idea. Whatever the hell kept the man away from his family. Not that he had asked for a family to begin with.

She wasn’t going to let up, though. Sending a quick text to their father to ask what he would have wanted from Ocean Star, one that she knew deep in her heart would go unanswered, she placed her order, requesting the arugula salad she so detested for good measure. Not that Min-Jun needed to know that.

”...and a chocolate lava cake for afterwards, three spoons and a scoop of Madagascar vanilla bean ice cream on top. Strawberry drizzle,” she added as she took a sip from the glass of wine she poured for herself. Chocolate, yet another coping mechanism. Just the thing to calm her nerves at a time like this.

Judging by just how quickly her brother was going through the wine, perhaps he had some nerves to quell as well. ”I never took you for a wine person, oppa. Any other new tastes you’ve picked up from Gangnam that I should be aware of to make my next congratulations basket more complete?”

Half serious, half joking, it honestly surprised her just how long it had really been since the last time that they had been together as siblings, as family. As brother and sister. Sure, she had spent much of her formative years with her mother, but every day and dinner felt like a business transaction.

And, for some reason, this was feeling like it was shaping up to be one.

MIN-JUN HAN: the return of arugula

BY MITZI
Franziska Han
LUMINOUS STUDIO
Actress
195 POSTS
600 DOLLARS
PLAY BY Asu
mainstream
MIN-JUN HAN
another
LOST CAUSE
TAG
WORD
NOTES
✉ what's arugula?
Min-Jun arched a brow at her choice that clearly wasn't a meal. Well, not a proper one anyway. It was more of a dessert than anything. Was she going to try to steal his food or something? Doubt it, it wasn't like they couldn't afford to order more after all.

The male Han blinked at her question. Right, he probably looked really obvious, huh? Well either that or an alcoholic. The way she called him 'oppa' though almost made her feel like a nagging sister. He found himself rolling his eyes. Father never had a problem with his drinking, if the man even knew. "Wouldn't it be too easy if I just tell you? Where's the fun in that?" he asked if only because he really didn't want to tell her other things he might have picked up. The last thing he wanted was to turn this into a lecture as well as a ditched event.

"What about you? Did you suddenly love sweets so much that it overpowers your need for actual food or did someone break up with you?" he asked in a teasing tone that he had intended to slip in. He almost hated how easy it was to go into the old habit of small teasing remarks that might have seen snide if one didn't know him. Although now that he brought up her habit, Min-Jun was almost half tempted to point out their mother wouldn't like that. Yet, he had stopped himself if only because he really didn't want to read on that territory. "Or do you plan to steal some food from your beloved twin?" This one came more natural. Oh, sure he mentioned their...status as a family but at the same time, it wasn't anything that sounded too personal.

He poured himself another glass but this time he made sure to drink slower. Not that he was really conscious or anything. It was just well there was no need to rush to drinking oneself to oblivion, right? Although...now that he was drinking slowly the silence was starting to bother him just a little bit. Stupid fucking situation. Why couldn't that guy actually show up for once in his goddamn life if only so Min-Jun wouldn't be caught in this awkwardness. Yeah, somehow the third wheeling might actually be better than his current predicament. Quite a plot twist there.

"So, do you have any plans after this?" he asked mainly to get rid of the bothersome silence. Eating alone was better than this. At least there was a good excuse for the silence.

Min-Jun Han
LUMINOUS STUDIO
Actor
57 POSTS
3300 DOLLARS
PLAY BY vy
trash tier
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

cbox, tag box & affiliates
face in the crowd DETHRONED GODS:RE
Seicho no Hana Avalon a Panfandom RP The Duality of Man Potterwatch Restored
Sengoku Horizon TO BITTER ENDINGS Save Me realm of the seven Reluctant Heroes Prisoners of Fate Hollow Victory | An Original Japanese Folklore Inspired RP