Add Reply
New Poll

world of books, shou hoshiragi
CATALINA YU
Catalina loved the bookstore. More specifically, she loved the fantasy books in there. Ever since she was little she always loved the tales that her parents and older brother read for her on dragons and princes and princesses. But there were a lot more than just those fairy tales. There were also other books with strange magical creatures and witches and wizards. When she got old enough to read books that weren't picture books, she found so many other new stories too!

Today she was in search of those books with her dear friend, Shou. He was someone who loved those worlds like she did. They would spend their free time in the library reading books to each other, squeezing their voices high or lowering them to match those of the characters.

Shou's daddy was here with them today too. He was a nice man and he makes nice clothes, cooks good things and read them stories too. Meaning, he was a good man, in her book!

"Do you have a book in mind, Shou?!" she asked him as they entered the bookstore. "Let's find good ones today!"

dream in hand
SHOU HOSHIRAGI yay for kids thread * v *
CITY CIVILIANS
student
18 POSTS
1800 DOLLARS
PLAY BY snow
no name
SHOU HOSHIRAGI
our aspirations are
wrapped up in books
Uncle Kyou had brought them to the bookstore today because Shou had managed to do well on his recent math test. The boy had made a mental note to thank Klaus later. Especially since it was going to get him a new book. He had thought about inviting Mihnho, but the tougher boy doesn't like to read as much. At least not in comparison to Cat, so he had invited her instead. As a fellow book lover - of fantasy no less - she was quick to agree. Uncle Kyou had told him that he wasn't buying a book for her though..not that Cat would need him to. Her parents were a lot richer than they were.

Once they were inside the bookstore, Cat had asked if he had any books in mind. Well..."Not really," in truth, he had a few in mind but he wasn't sure if Cat would like them or not. Even if they both like fantasy books, not all fantasy books were the same. Shou also heard that this one was more for boys and well...Cat was a girl. Maybe he'll just let her pick? Cat can probably pick a book they would both like. When the girl suggested finding a good one, the boy gave a nod.

"Come on, let's go to the fantasy section then. That's all you two ever read," Uncle Kyou led them to the fantasy section with rows and rows of books. Some of them being too tall for either of the kids to reach. Good thing his uncle was here then. Although, if he wasn't here, Shou had a feeling Cat would not mind getting an employee to get fetch a book for them.

"What do you think would be good?" the boy asked eyeing his friend and classmate. "Should we buy the short stories one? Or a single book story? A book in a series?" the boy inwardly hoped it would be the latter. If so then maybe he could lead her to the book he had in mind.

"Could had sworn the book was for you, Kid," his uncle hummed out. Shou can catch the small worry in his tone.

"It's something I can share with Cat. That's what friends do," Shou cheekily replied back knowing his uncle didn't really have friends let alone friends he shares things with. Well maybe except for one, "Like how you share those chocolates with Auntie Yuri." Ha! Shou got his uncle to flinch! Victory! With that, he beamed back at Cat waiting for her answer.

kid thread all for us~. THE COOL KIDS!
CITY CIVILIANS
14 POSTS
1400 DOLLARS
PLAY BY vy
no name
CATALINA YU
Shou's daddy knew them well. He would sometimes read to them too, so of course he knew that most of the things they read were fantasy.

She nodded at Shou's words. "Yes, that's what friends do!" she agreed.

She tapped a finger to her chin in thought. "Hmm...Oh, I know! We can each pick a different one! One of us can buy a short story book and the other can buy a novel." That way they get to read both when they trade. Yep, that was a good idea, wasn't it?

The fantasy section was always brimming with new books, covers glistering with invitations and promises of a new journey. The question was, which path do they take?

"Oh, this wasn't here before." A new book was placed on a clear stand on top of a stack as advertisement. She picked it up to look at it, running her hand over cover with shining golden stars that raised from the smooth cover and held it up for Shou to see. "This is pretty."

She walked up right next to him so that they can both look on the inside together. "Looks like it's short shories," she said, looking at the index.

dream in hand
SHOU HOSHIRAGI yep and nerding over books is best

CITY CIVILIANS
student
18 POSTS
1800 DOLLARS
PLAY BY snow
no name
SHOU HOSHIRAGI
our aspirations are
wrapped up in books
While Shou was rarely ever self-conscious with Uncle Kyou, the fact that Cat baked him up made him felt even more confident. As Cat tapped her chin thinking what they should get, Shou quickly snuck out his tongue at the older Hoshiragi. Then came Cat's suggestion that made the boy nodded. That sounded good. Cat was really smart, often coming up with ideas on how to fix things. Shou often found himself having to ask people...usually as indirectly as possible.

With a plan in mind, Shou was quick to go over to the Peter Jackson books he saw earlier. Those would be fun. They were a school but it was a cool school and gods! Children of gods with special powers!

Cat had found a book as well opening it up to see what was inside. The boy walked over to try to get a peek rather curious as well. As his friend had stated, it was one of those books with short stories. Those were always fun, one of the best parts about those kinds of books was that the reader can skip over the boring ones. "Yeah, that looks good!" Shou agreed with a nod before holding up the book he picked up earlier. "What do you think of this one? It's from a series I hear about...although I hear it's for teenagers." Which meant it was written for those three, almost two, years older than them.

like when we nerd over that philosophy reading you had?
CITY CIVILIANS
14 POSTS
1400 DOLLARS
PLAY BY vy
no name
CATALINA YU
The book that she picked up looked to be one for children too judging by the pages she read as she flipped through for the both of them to see. "Okay. Then let's see if we can find something better. If not then we can go with this one." They should choose wisely after all.

"Oh, that series! I heard about it too. It sounds fun. It's about Greek gods or something right? But with teenagers?" The thought of reading a book meant for older children really perked her interest though. "Let's go for it! If it's too hard to read then we can always ask your dad or my brother to help us." Two are three years wasn't that much older than them. They were going to middle school soon too, so it's fine right? They were just three years from being officially teenagers.

"Does your dad like to read books, too?" she asked.

dream in hand
SHOU HOSHIRAGI yeahhhh

CITY CIVILIANS
student
18 POSTS
1800 DOLLARS
PLAY BY snow
no name
SHOU HOSHIRAGI
our aspirations are
wrapped up in books
Shou nodded along as that sounded good. From the corner of his eyes, he can see Zekkyou somewhat smiling, impressed by Cat. He then presented her with his own nomination for a book series. It was the first in the series but the book itself might be above their grade. That meant that there might be some confusing things in the book that they wouldn't really get. He gave a nod though at her words. Yeah, the one with the Greek gods! "Yeah, that sounds good! Cat then asked if Uncle Kyou liked to read.

"Oh, now you ask that?" the older Hoshiragi commented after staying quiet for so long. There was a playful smirk on his face, "I usually have to read Shou to sleep."

"Only because you like it!"

"Maybe," the red eyed male shrugged and Shou stuck his tongue out.

"But yeah, we can always have reading days at the apartment. You can read to us like how our teachers would read books to us in class." Also while it took a long time before Uncle Kyou becomes willing to let Shou visit someone's house, he never minded someone coming to their apartment. Just as long as he has a heads up of course.

"Well that depends, would Cat like that?" his uncle asked before looking over at the girl. "It's not a very big house, it might be too small for you but if you want me to read the book to you and Shou, I'm up for it. When I'm free that is."

good times.

CITY CIVILIANS
14 POSTS
1400 DOLLARS
PLAY BY vy
no name
CATALINA YU
Cat cocked her head to the side at their little exchange. "So Shou can't sleep unless his dad reads him a bed time story?" She giggled at the imagery. "That's cute! But it's okay, back then my parents had to read me bedtime stories or else I can't sleep either." She suddenly had an idea. "If you can't fall asleep and your dad is too busy to read to you, then you can call me! I can read you to sleep!"

She nodded at the suggestion. "Yeah, I'd like that! And it's okay! As long as Shou is there, I can be there too!" Because it's friends that makes a place after all! And most of her friends' houses weren't as big as her anyways, so it's fine.

"Are you really busy with designing clothes?" she asked. "Oh, can I see some of the designs?"

dream in hand
SHOU HOSHIRAGI zekkyou lol

CITY CIVILIANS
student
18 POSTS
1800 DOLLARS
PLAY BY snow
no name
SHOU HOSHIRAGI
our aspirations are
wrapped up in books
Shou couldn't help but pout. "I'll be fine. It's not like I need it or anything. It's just nice. I like books." And the fact that there was someone else in the room to keep him from feeling too lonely. It reminded him too much of the lonelier time of his life. However, he couldn't tell that to Cat or Uncle Kyou. He was in the double digits, he was supposed to be more mature and adult. He didn't need to be that taken care of. He even reminds Uncle Kyou whenever he was about to forget something and sometimes call MDS to remind him!

The boy's eyes widened at the declaration before he found himself beaming. "Then we can have book reading days!" That would be fun! Plus it was nice that Cat felt the same way. As big and fun as it was to explore Cat's house, the best part about it was always Cat's presence. She would always make sure he had something to entertain him. Plus the food she makes was usually nice as well. Sometimes he wondered what kind of pastries Uncle Kyou and Cat could make together. Maybe for his birthday.

When Cat asked if Uncle Kyou was making clothes the man shook his head. "No, that's more of a hobby" he waved the thought away. Shou can never really tell if it was a hobby or a job for him. It was obvious that he loved it but he also at times complained about the requests he has. Plus all the times where he would stay up late stressing over a design. "I'm busy with things at work. You know translating and paperwork. Boring things you don't wanna hear about." The man then went to grab a book filled with fairy tales. "Oh this looks interesting. A series of fairy tale stories with a twist of Aurora's biggest stars. That could be fun." That did sound like something Cat might like. Reading stories with people Shou knew also sounds like it might be fun.

"What do you think, Cat?"

CITY CIVILIANS
14 POSTS
1400 DOLLARS
PLAY BY vy
no name
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

cbox, tag box & affiliates
face in the crowd All of Me ♥ DETHRONED GODS:RE
Seicho no Hana Avalon a Panfandom RP to bitter endings
Kingdom Hearts: Malefic Musings The Duality of Man Potterwatch Restored INFAMY, a non-canon one piece site Sengoku Horizon TO BITTER ENDINGS