Add Reply
New Poll

one more go please!, megan & amihan
MEGAN MURPHY
Tell me I'm so damn perfect Tell me it all of the time
Megan and her brother had split up in search of their own theme park amusement ages ago. While her brother liked the wild and dangerous rickety roller coaster rides, she preferred to stay grounded, due to a general fear of them. They were too high, and looked waaaay too out of her league. She preferred to keep her two feet on the ground, and besides, there was plenty of fun to be had on the ground, such as hooking ducks for various prizes and teddies, or tossing baseballs at a pile of cans... Or smiting the giant hammer onto the pressure pad to determine your strength...

Perhaps she could miss the latter, though everything else was fun. She already won herself a pet goldfish at the hook a duck, it was beautiful, swimming around in it's little plastic fortress of water. She had its plastic bag sitting in a net pouch on her backpack, so it could still see the light while she explored the rest of the park and its games.

She'd been messing around quite a bit, and it was a shame because she estimated she only had around half an hour, maybe more, before she was meeting back up with her brother and heading home. She had some money left, and decided to head back towards the games and play some more.

She waddled over to one of the wooden stalls to which a girl was standing behind. An oddly familiar girl, actually. She passed over her spare change and got herself three balls. She took the first one, extended her arm backwards to complete her first throw. She tossed the ball over arm, and it went hurdling towards the stack of tin cans, only to fall short and donk straight off the back, and to thud dead onto the ground behind the stand. "What was it? Two out of three strikes and I get the giant teddy?" She asked the girl again. If so, she only had two chances left, since she'd already ballsed up the first chance.

She tried again, hurdling her second ball towards the pile, striking it down! Though, only the top half, the bottom remained in tact. She leaned on the wooden surface which acted as part counter, part restriction to stop her rushing in and taking any teddy she wanted, or cheating at the game of course. "What!? Come on it's gotta be a scam!" She blurted out angrily. She sighed away her pain and adjusted her jumper at the bottom, aiming once again and tossing it, hitting the pile again, but not clearing it.

"Damnit... My brother is so good at this..." She mumbled out, trying to scramble around in her pockets for some more spare change. She was determined to do it.

notes
finally!

tags
AMIHAN LANGIT
harja
Passion Project
MDS ENTERTAINMENT
idol
56 POSTS
600 DOLLARS
PLAY BY Law
hot shit
AMIHAN LANGIT
Amihan was thoroughly tired after the Last Summer Splash had come to its conclusion. She wouldn't have been able to afford the event on her own, but when Kraig's List presented the opportunity to work the carnival booths and food stands during the large-scale entertainment industry-centric event, she couldn't pass up that up. She may not have been able to attend any events that required purchasing one of those over-priced tickets, but the proximity to all these celebrities and industry insiders— well, it wouldn't be inaccurate to say that Mia had been able to bear witness to some drama, able to collect some material for Aurozora Exposed.

But damn did she pay the price for it. Even with the number of stars she had the luxury of being able to interact with, it didn't justify the long lines and the... overly competitive people who looked to her in disbelief and accused her of rigging games. It was good fun with those kinds of people, though. When someone like that Klaus guy managed to ring bottles without batting an eyelid, Mia had to squint at that. Cheater. Who the hell uses math to play carnival games? Nerd.

The worst part of a large event is tearing it down. The Saltside Amusement Park runs all year round, but with the end of Splash, they tended to downscale. Splash was their peak time, and soon, they were going to have to scale down and let her go. Not that Mia minded— she didn't want to keep this job for any longer than she had to. She was just about ready to turn in her nametag, labeled "PAULINA."

She really wished she could have been more excited for this last shift. She'd been given a relatively easy booth to man, the goal of the game being knock the stack of tin cans down with the three baseballs provided. Out of most of the games, this game had to be one of the least rigged games. There was only so much you could do to rig a game like a tin can toss. Mia's only concern was the possibility of being hit by the baseball, but for the most part, it was a solid game that was easy to win if you knew your way around throwing a baseball and aiming in the general direction.

At least, it should have been easy. This girl has been trying to knock down these cans for the past hour. Mia had reveled in the failure the first two or three tries or so, but by the twelfth try, Mia wanted to bash her head into the side of the booth to put herself out of her misery. "It's not rigged," Mia says as she filed her nails. This girl was too determined; it was becoming more tiring to watch. "The secret is to aim," Mia said, pointing at the center of the tin can tower.

Mia accepts the spare change, putting most of it in the money box and quietly pocketing 25 cents for herself. If she was going to leave this job today, taking 25 percent of the commission couldn't hurt them. She gives the girl three more balls. "Aim. A-i-m."

payback
is a bad bitch and baby, i'm the baddest you fuckin' with a savage
Empress of Exposé
LUMINOUS STUDIO
DRIFT MANAGER
37 POSTS
2900 DOLLARS
PLAY BY asu
no name
MEGAN MURPHY
She'd been stood at this stall for a while now, though you had to hand it to her. Her determination was unmatched, and her patience was incredible to have not given up by now. Megan herself was fairly amazed at how supportive the girl at the stand was. Although it was probably out of frustration with the amount of money Meg was throwing down the drain with each toss of the ball.

Or she might have got sick of seeing her face. Staring at the same person throw the same exact way for ten or so minutes would get on your nerves, especially since she was ballsing up just about every attempt she made. She might knock a few off here and there, but other than that she was lacking in the ability to obliterate the stack of cans.

She sighed and leaned onto the wooden front of the stall. "I've been aiming... For like, ten minutes." She moaned, looking behind her and then to her phone which she briefly took out from her pocket, checking the time and nodding. "Yeah, like ten minutes." She said, collecting another trio of baseballs. She reared back, aiming again and tossing one ball. She knocked down all the cans with her first throw. There was a first. Her face lit up for a moment, and with her excitement she tossed another, bouncing it off the back of the stall, hitting a total of none off the stand. She gulped at her final chance, tossing the ball and hitting the cans dead center.

Her face lit up as the cans began to fall down, crashing to the ground she observed with an eager look. To her dismay, a lone can stood tall above the wreckage. A moan exhaled from the girl as she planted her face down on the wooden surface of the stall. There was a brief pause before a coin slipped out from underneath her arm, two fingers presenting it to the girl. "One more..." She kept saying. She stood up and looked to the girl. She passed her one of the balls with a smile. "Why don't you have a go?" She said, as though challenging her.

notes
bwop

tags
AMIHAN LANGIT
harja
Passion Project
MDS ENTERTAINMENT
idol
56 POSTS
600 DOLLARS
PLAY BY Law
hot shit
AMIHAN LANGIT
She prides herself for her excellent customer service and her ability to play her roles. With her hair tied up with the red and gold ribbon that identified Saltside Amusement Park employees and her (personally) tailored vest, "Paulina" was a supportive, encouraging stand operator whose affirmations egged people on to stay determined, that perhaps they would get it if they tried again this next time. "Paulina" seemed to rake in the top revenues as a stand operator with her steadfast smile and her comfortably competitive attitude.

Amihan, on the other hand, was totally trying to keep her face from falling apart. Couldn't this girl at least change the angle she was lobbing the ball, throw her arm back farther, maybe even, I don't know, move a little more to the right? Any slight modification would be better than... than whatever this pitching style was. Wasn't there a saying that doing something exactly the same and expecting different results is insanity? Well yeah. That saying seemed to apply in this case.

Mia was about to throw her vest off and call it quits, because damn "Paulina" and her customer service excellence, Mia is completely tired of this and is just about to take the money box and dip out. It was like watching Sisyphus roll the boulder up the hill, only to have it roll right back down. Mia no longer fears getting fired from a job she would be leaving today. As soon as today was over, "Paulina" would disappear for another year until the next Last Summer Splash, hopefully in a position like ticket sales or programming.

But the girl who had absolutely no future in baseball or any throwing sport offers her the ball. Unexpected, but when Mia gave it a quick thought, did she ever really have a chance to have fun at the Last Summer Splash? With the mount of hours she picked up and the gossip she took it upon herself to seek, Mia really didn't have time for herself. She gives the failed pitcher a smile for modesty. "I'm not sure my boss would be too happy to see me playing the game with a customer in front of the stand." Boss doesn't really do his job, though. "...but since this is my last day on the job, it won't hurt to show you what I learned from watching people play six hours a day."

What long six hours those were. She pockets her nail file as she climbs over the counter. Grabbing the ball, she closes an eye and lobs it, hitting the towers dead center with just the right amount of force, knocking it down cleanly.

"...huh. I guess work really did pay off."

payback
Empress of Exposé
LUMINOUS STUDIO
DRIFT MANAGER
37 POSTS
2900 DOLLARS
PLAY BY asu
no name
MEGAN MURPHY
This was the ultimate test. If she could land a clean strike first time, it was totally rigged. It was the perfect plan in her mind. "So," She squinted at her nametag. ""Paulina." She said with a grin. "Think you can do it or not?" She said, tempting and challenging her to prove her theory correct.

She smiled and stepped back, observing how she did it. Her eyes deconstructing how she stood, positioned herself, and threw the ball. She took particular interest in her hands, and feet. Looking for the press of a switch or anything which looked particularly fishy. But nothing. She simply stood, and tossed the ball with one of the most effortless and half-arsed throws she'd ever seen. No press of a switch, button. Nothing... Perhaps her theory was a bit absurd after all...

"What am I doing so wrong...?" She said, her shoulders sagging down as she felt defeated. "What am I doing so wrong!?" She exclaimed, pressing her cheek down on the counter as she sought some form of improvement. "Does that one count as mine?" She said, smiling with optimism again, hoping for a free strike, while her hand reached for the second of her three baseballs. Rearing her arm back and tossing it in the direction of the new set of cans.

notes
short and to the point : )

tags
AMIHAN LANGIT
harja
Passion Project
MDS ENTERTAINMENT
idol
56 POSTS
600 DOLLARS
PLAY BY Law
hot shit
AMIHAN LANGIT
Though Amihan acts as a sort of counselor in Times of Need at Home Cafe, especially when it came to the various concerns and stresses the girls faced, she didn't seem to have a counselor in her toolbox of identities to really pull from. And today, she wasn't looking to counsel this obviously distraught girl.

"You're not aiming," Mia concluded. "And unfortunately, that wouldn't count as yours. Not by the rule book, at least." And of course, without fail, the girl manages to miss again, the ball completely missing the cans by a longshot. What is this even...

"...how badly do you want a prize, may I ask? I swear, you've paid more than how much one of the big prizes are worth," Mia said, almost injecting just a hint of pity in her voice, masking the urge to just give her a prize and send her off on her way.

"Have you maybe thought of trying the other booths? It could just be not your game," Mia shrugged, her focus back at her nail file and hands.

ahh if you need more lmk
payback
Empress of Exposé
LUMINOUS STUDIO
DRIFT MANAGER
37 POSTS
2900 DOLLARS
PLAY BY asu
no name
MEGAN MURPHY
MEG MOANED AND SIGHED AS THINGS WEREN'T STACKING IN HER FAVOR. She leaned on the booth's wooden front, smushing her cheeks up under her clenched fists which she leaned on. This game was PTSD inducing. It'd be flashing in front of her every time she saw a baseball for the next few months. It was truly traumatizing.

She had one last ball left, it wasn't going to do much since she'd already missed her other two shots, so she just effortlessly tossed it forward, underhand. It flew upwards, and then fell flat onto the ground. It didn't even reach the stack. "Perhaps the other games won't be rigged." She mumbled, feeling truly defeated by the game. Her head lifted from her hands as she looked around, with a tone of optimism in her eyes.

"Oh I love this game!" She said, sidestepping to her right, to which she was met with a store front of a hook a duck stall. It was all in the same big wooden building, and due to how much time she'd spent on the ball throwing game, this part of the park was somewhat sparse, population wise. Which was why staff had generally been called elsewhere, to help on the packed rides and so on. This meant there was a severe lack of staffing on the stalls, though they didn't need much, just one or two to keep the girl company... Or more so to take her money so she could mindlessly play the games for hours on end.

She reached placed some more change on the counter, jumping up and down on her toes as though she was warming up, while also just very excited to play this absolute classic of a game. "I wanna' win a fishy." She said, her eyes glued on the exact fish she wanted. They were so cute. Swimming around in their lil' bags. The more she looked the more she feared failure on this game of chance... RNGesus, please have mercy.

megan murphy
Just tell, tell me I'm so damn perfect. Tell me it all of the time, oh. Tell me I'm so damn perfect. Tell me it all of the time
NOTES
hreee

TAGGED | AMIHAN LANGIT
© Hyacintho| hover lyrics for notes
Passion Project
MDS ENTERTAINMENT
idol
56 POSTS
600 DOLLARS
PLAY BY Law
hot shit
AMIHAN LANGIT
Amihan almost found the girl's frustration amusing. Almost. That last toss was just... so bad that the queen of the con simply couldn't believe that this girl was seriously that bad. The toss was underhanded and it went up. Mia almost wanted to give her back that ball to give her one more go. Almost.

When the girl finally took her suggestion to try another game, Mia was relieved. She could finally be left to peace, continue on with her people watching game, delight herself with that one game she likes to play, where she makes up stories about people's lives in her head as they pass by. That man is having an affair with his wife's sister's poolboy. That girl tried to sell a TV idea to Luminous the other day, and it tanked so badly, people are never going to want to look at anything she writes ever again.

With the park winding down as much as it was, though, Mia found herself absolutely bored, and so, turns her attention back to to the girl, whose failures were now harassing her coworker, who wasn't even trying to hide their tiredness in their eyes. Whelp, good luck, Vincent. She walks into that area of the stand to observe and provide just a little encouragement. If Mia's encouragement was enough to get her to play over twelve rounds of knock the cans, it would probably be even more encouraging when playing a game with (admittedly) better prizes than the stand that Mia had been running for the past few hours.

"I can handle this, Vincent," Mia said, pulling out one of the rods as her coworker boxed the money. "You clearly need a break." She handed the rod to the girl. Hopefully she wouldn't be as much of a failure as a fisherman as she was as a baseball pitcher. "Take a go— that fish may as well be yours if you stay determined."

i died at rngesus have mercy
payback
Empress of Exposé
LUMINOUS STUDIO
DRIFT MANAGER
37 POSTS
2900 DOLLARS
PLAY BY asu
no name
MEGAN MURPHY
FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH... Megan had already came up with a name, place in her room to keep it, and which friends she was going to show it to. She was that determined. "I will name it chocolate, because that's my favorite sweet." She said, taking hold of the rod presented to her, it was roughly the same size as her as she twirled it around awkwardly allowing it to dance underneath her arms until she got it into a fishable grip.

She didn't care who was manning the stand at this point, she just wanted a fish, and so her eyes were keenly locked onto the ducks which were slowly drifting around the stand. So lifeless, but so squishy and cute. She lowered the pole so that the loop could carefully slip onto one of the ducks hooks. "I got it!" She squealed out in joy as if it was in any way a difficult task.

She raised the duck from the water, dripping from the bottom she flailed the rod about, likely almost knocking out Amihan in the process before she calmed down and let the rod balance on the small wooden frame of the stand. "Gimme fish." She demanded, leaning onto the frame and holding out her palm as though expecting to be immediately presented with her prize. "Fish!" She demanded as she grew more and more impatient in the most childish voice she could possibly achieve.

megan murphy
Just tell, tell me I'm so damn perfect. Tell me it all of the time, oh. Tell me I'm so damn perfect. Tell me it all of the time
NOTES
this is stupidly short but I hope it does enough justice <3

TAGGED | AMIHAN LANGIT
Passion Project
MDS ENTERTAINMENT
idol
56 POSTS
600 DOLLARS
PLAY BY Law
hot shit
AMIHAN LANGIT
She was surprised that she hadn’t decided to give herself a concussion. Oh yeah, she wasn’t given the choice at this point of the process. The girl nearly knocked her over with the pole, splashing water about haphazardly. Ugh, we’re going to have to mop this all up later.

And then there was the demand. How old was this girl, twelve? Paulina, no, Amihan had it for today. This was the last straw, and the gossip blogger was sure she was going to be able to burn this girl later if she really wanted to, because what a child. What was Aria’s squad thinking, inviting someone as childish into their elite social circle?

That would be an investigation for another time. For now, let’s preserve our self-dignity, shall we?

”Girl, I have been so tolerant for you today, especially because this is the last day we’re having these booths open. Would it kill you to have a little decency and say, I don’t know, please?” Mia’s rubbing her temples at this point. She was going to need to stress burn someone on AE today if she had her way. ”I’ve had a long day. Please. This is my last day today. I was supposed to enjoy it.” Her words say no, but her body’s already grabbing the fish in the plastic bag in the back of the booth and plopping it down in front of the girl. ”Now then, are you happy? Is this all you need today?”

i'm sorry mia's so done ahhh :<
payback
Empress of Exposé
LUMINOUS STUDIO
DRIFT MANAGER
37 POSTS
2900 DOLLARS
PLAY BY asu
no name
MEGAN MURPHY
HER ARM WAS REACHING OVER THE STALL AT THIS POINT, her hand grasping for the closest fishy she could see. It was so innocent. Swimming about in its little bag filled with water. Completely oblivious to its surroundings, all it did all day was swim around in circles, it was just too cute.

The girl eventually retracted her arm back to the front of the stand, resting her palms on the front edge, her face going blank for a few seconds as she got lectured from the woman behind the stall. Perhaps she was getting a bit ahead of herself, looking back on it she'd been quite rude and it broke her heart to think she was being a nuisance to Amihan. She deserved to enjoy her day, it was her last, after all. The more Meg pondered it in her mind, the more respect she'd gain for Amihan, thinking about the long hours she worked to provide entertainment for those too afraid to go on all the big and scary rides such as herself. She imagined she would've loved to spend the day watching all those edgy teenagers like her brother go on the huge roller coasters. But instead, she was stuck serving her, and she admired that.

Her shoulders dropped a little, to a more relaxed posture, as she smiled awkwardly, with a sigh escaping from her chest. "Ehh.... I'm sorry. You're right." She admitted defeat. "Please..?" She dared to add, hoping it would at least lay the foundation to setting things right. She knew she was annoying sometimes, but she really found it hard to hold back her overwhelming excitement, or her urge to act like a clown.

Her face soon lit back up again as a fish was soon served to her, the transparent plastic bag plopped down in front of her. She leaned into the stand, resting her arms across the wood as she got a close look into the bag. "He's so adorable!" She exclaimed, though in a more hushed tone as oppose to her obnoxiously loud megaspeaker of a voice which had dominated their conversations from the point they'd initially met until a few moments ago.

megan murphy
NOTES
i'm a necromancer, and i'm reviving this post!

TAGGED | AMIHAN LANGIT
Passion Project
MDS ENTERTAINMENT
idol
56 POSTS
600 DOLLARS
PLAY BY Law
hot shit
AMIHAN LANGIT
She had to admit, she may have been a little harsh in her delivery, a temporary break in character to express some honest-to-goodness truth. The girl's sudden shift from absolute nuisance to coming-of-age epiphany almost moved her. Almost. At least enough to drop her idea of burning someone associated with the girl... Amihan could burn someone else who deserved it more— like that Delilah O'Reilly, who was photographed entering Klaus von Rosenfeld's residence with a guitar case. Homewrecking was much more entertaining than dragging a teenager through scandal. The girl would learn of the world of scandal and accountability on her own time.

It would be fair to say that the mistress behind Aurozora Exposed was a tad bit overworked, then, her youth taken from her so quickly, the young woman having to consider so much since she had arrived on the entertainment island. Perhaps there was a twinge... of envy for this young pop star, whose talents obviously shined at such a young age to be signed on this early, whose music career was easily outshining her older peers. Amihan could only wonder if she would have gotten far in fashion, given the chance...

But that was irrelevant for now. Mia gave her a curt nod as she set the fish down. "Don't forget to feed him and change the water every so often. They can actually live pretty long lives and grow to be pretty big if given the chance."

And, despite the hardness that was etched into her features, she was somewhat... glad, to see that someone so bright and so optimistic, as annoying as the girl was, could somehow exist and be as successful as she was in the industry. The industry was cold as it was difficult, and as she always said, she'd stalk in the shadows, ready to dish out her form of justice, keeping the high and mighty accountable for their actions..

Stay sweet, little flower. Don't let them break your spirit... just yet.

do you want to end it on your post?
payback
Empress of Exposé
LUMINOUS STUDIO
DRIFT MANAGER
37 POSTS
2900 DOLLARS
PLAY BY asu
no name
MEGAN MURPHY
NOW THAT SHE'D MADE HERSELF FEEL LESS GUILTY, she could feel a little more comfortable going back to her more childish and obnoxious self. Perhaps minus the obnoxious part, she made sure to do her best not to annoy the poor woman she'd been torturing all evening any more than she already had.

It was quite amazing, how a single roast had turned the situation into less of an annoying and obnoxious one, one which likely caused the woman to want to rip her hair out, to one of a more calm and somewhat emotional nature. It was almost inspiring, and touched a heart string within Megan. A smile crept up the right side of her face as she watched the lil' fish swim around in its bag.

"Don't worry!" She said, a little bit louder than she'd hoped as she scooped the fishy into her arms. "I'll make sure he has a fabulous and amazing lifestyle." She said, in a more hushed tone while returning with her own nod of respect.

Now she'd finally got something to show for her hours of hard work here at the amusement park. Now her trophy and prize had been collected, with her hard work having paid off, she turned, backing away from the stand as though ready to forget the stranger, before she turned back and smiled brightly, brushing her hair out of her face. "Thank you! Today was like, totally super fun!" She said, as though crediting her fun day to Amihan as she waved goodbyes. It wasn't often you gave farewells to someone as insignificant as a stranger you met at an amusement park, but Megan felt Amihan had deserved it at the very least.

megan murphy
NOTES
Sure thing.

TAGGED | AMIHAN LANGIT
Passion Project
MDS ENTERTAINMENT
idol
56 POSTS
600 DOLLARS
PLAY BY Law
hot shit
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

cbox, tag box & affiliates
face in the crowd All of Me ♥ DETHRONED GODS:RE
Seicho no Hana Avalon a Panfandom RP to bitter endings
Kingdom Hearts: Malefic Musings The Duality of Man Potterwatch Restored INFAMY, a non-canon one piece site Sengoku Horizon