Add Reply
New Poll

golden, benjamin sun
SUNNY PHONGSAVATH
i'm all in, the sun on my back and it's rising on you
It is common knowledge that Benjamin Sun is bougie as hell. Normally, this wouldn't bother Sunny, because normally his lifestyle and spending habits would have nothing to do with her. And yet, here they are. Traipsing through the streets of Airion. Together.

What the fuck, Ben?

"Benjamin."

In all the years they've known each other, she can't name a single one where he'd listened to her, the sound of his own — admittedly, pleasant — voice taking up too much air between them for her's to wedge itself in. As children, she'd liked it that way. Listening to him turn every mundane task into a fanciful, adventurous one, filled with dragons and griffins and knights and sorcerers. Now, though...

Now, all she wants is to reach him.

So, she tries again, this time walking ahead and intercepting his path, her arms akimbo. "Benjamin, what are we doing here?"

A few people toss them a passing glance that prompts Sunny to duck her head a little, in a weak attempt to obscure her face. Force of habit. Maybe it's better to keep walking.

Letting out a mildly frustrated noise from the back of her throat, she continues moving, wanting to avoid drawing attention to themselves — something she's positive Ben wouldn't actually mind. Keeping her head turned in his direction, clearly indicating that she isn't finished speaking to him, Sunny huffs, "We haven't spoken to each other since New Years, and suddenly you're inviting me out? What's the deal, Sun?"

-

Explain Yourself, Fiend

sunny
LUMINOUS STUDIO
actress
24 POSTS
300 DOLLARS
PLAY BY anita
mainstream
BENJAMIN SUN
blame it on my confidence
shut that shit down on sight, that's right
Benjamin Sun thoroughly believes that yesterday will always be outdated. He never looks back; it distracts from the now. The man lived and breathed the latest trends-- he was the latest trend. He's just as much of a tastemaker as he was (technically, in the loosest sense) a reporter. Laugh off yesterday's publicity stunts and move on.

So, Luminous actress Sunny Phongsavath was in the right for wondering why the hell they were walking about the Airion district, doing some of his routine shopping-- call it a shopping trip, he called it the safari for tomorrow's buzz. Ben's an unapologetic man who rarely, if ever, admits to his wrongs if he could help it. Sunny simply served the role of reluctant accessory as they made their way down the streets, the talk show host dragging her into store after store.

He doesn't even acknowledge her first "Benjamin.", eyeing the Swatch store and inching towards it before she gets right into his way with that hint of frustration sprinkled into her voice.

"Isn't it obvious? We're going to go buy myself a new Swatch. Why, did you want one too? It's no trouble for me, really," he remarked. He seriously would have as well-- he isn't above throwing his money irresponsibly at just about anything, nor is he stingy when it comes to treating his friends and fans, if the audience gifts for Sundown were an accurate indication. If he found something he thought his fans would want in the Swatch store, he'd definitely get several for the show on Saturday.

Still, the answer didn't seem to suffice, so he sighed dramatically. "God, Sunny, not everything has to have an ulterior motive. Can't I invite one of my oldest friends for a shopping safari without an inquisition? I know I'm the best interviewer west of the Mississippi, but life doesn't have to be an interview." If it were, though, Ben would like to think he'd do pretty damn good at it.

MADE BY DISMAY
AURORA NEWS
talk & radio show host
14 POSTS
1600 DOLLARS
PLAY BY Asu
no name
SUNNY PHONGSAVATH
i'm all in, the sun on my back and it's rising on you
"Maybe if you made it easier to believe you," she retorts weakly, her voice too dull to carry any bite.

Sunny knows Ben — she won't say that she knows him well, but she knows him enough. He's man with a love for theatrics, all the glitz and glam. Everything's a spontaneous performance, a show, a potential trending hashtag. Even a leisurely stroll along the street could be transformed into something fantastical and memorable.

Life isn't an interview, but it's full of unanswered questions, and one of them is What will Benjamin Sun do next?

She traces his gaze back to the Swatch store and sighs emphatically, turning her head to cast him a narrowed, withering look. Fine.

"...alright, let's go in."

Not waiting for any confirmation, she reaches for his hand — and then thinks better of it at the last minute, pinching the sleeve of his shirt instead. That's right, Sunny remembers. They aren't kids anymore.

Tugging him inside, she couldn't help but release an awed breath as they breaches the threshold. The exterior had looked classically chic, making it clear that their regulars were of a certain class of wealth, but the interior? Full of people, young and old, playing with the latest model of the Swatch, as well as the other devices available for experimentation.

"Benjibenjibenji," she says, forgetting her earlier disdain, and furiously shaking his arm. "This one has a cute, little stylus! It's totally a cash-making tool, but it comes in such a wide array of colors!"

-

WHY IS SHE SO EASILY ENTERTAINED

sunny
LUMINOUS STUDIO
actress
24 POSTS
300 DOLLARS
PLAY BY anita
mainstream
BENJAMIN SUN
blame it on my confidence
shut that shit down on sight, that's right
"At least try to be convincing if you're going to snipe back at me, honey bunny," he shoots back. "It's easy to believe me— as certain as the morning sun rises in the East, audiences across the globe are reassured by the credibility that comes from the one and only Benjamin Sun." He laughs as they make their way into the Swatch shop. Oh how amused he is by that honest to goodness fact.

What will Benjamin Sun do next, asks the ubiquitous audience that he was always catering to, even off-camera? Three words. Treat. Yo. Self. Benjamin Sun is a pioneer in the concept of treat yo self, and with the money to boot, treat yo self was an experience.

Benjamin Sun walked into the Swatch shop like it was a grocery store. Without a sense of wonder, a regular who could easily go up to the counter and say "The usual."

And, actually, that wasn't far from what he had decided to do in the store. He frowns as his arm is shaken like a child would a parent at the toy shop, begging for the latest toy. "That's cute and all, Sun, but that's mere child's play compared to what I've got prepared for us today." You can bet he totally lingered on the word "Sun" far longer than necessary. "Alessio, we've arrived! Can you bring me and my friend here the latest models we were talking about today?"

The sales associate appeared and gave Benjamin the nod. "Of course, sir. Any preferences in colors? We were able to obtain every color, just as you had requested."

Benji gave his answer and allowed Sunny to answer, and as quickly as Alessio disappeared into the back, he came out with two boxes, carefully packaged, their names embossed on the lid.

"Thank you, kind sir," Benji said as he went ahead and made his Obligatory Poze. After those formalities, like a petulant child on Christmas day, he opened the box ravenously, to reveal a special edition Swatch that almost looked like it could double as a James Bond wrist communicator. In his signature red, of course. Strapping it on, he flashes a few poses and laughs. "Just about ready for our next mission, aren't we, M?"

MADE BY DISMAY
AURORA NEWS
talk & radio show host
14 POSTS
1600 DOLLARS
PLAY BY Asu
no name
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

cbox, tag box & affiliates
face in the crowd DETHRONED GODS:RE
Seicho no Hana Avalon a Panfandom RP The Duality of Man Potterwatch Restored
Sengoku Horizon TO BITTER ENDINGS Save Me realm of the seven Reluctant Heroes Prisoners of Fate Hollow Victory | An Original Japanese Folklore Inspired RP