Add Reply
New Poll

danse macabre, asu / amihan
REN IHARA
jive to the rhythm of the gods, if i ever rot, forever will my name be adorned and scarred in your hearts.
Ren was not good at simply co-existed with those he deemed unworthy of having a place in the entertainment industry, he had even been the same with other dancers in the past, trying his best to push out the weak so they had no chance to somehow steal his spotlight. Tzila Jäger was so obvious a target that he felt compelled to interfere, the sooner the better. He knew he'd have to be careful though, if his co-worker caught on to what he was planning then it was going to make everything a lot harder. So, of course, there was only one person to go to for assistance in these trying times. He trusted that her office was a safe place to talk.

He knocked once on the door before pushing it wide open and barging in. "Ma poulette." he greeted Amihan, drawing out the term of endearment until it came out as more of a petulant whine. He may have been her senior age-wise but, as they said, age was just a number. Ren wouldn't refer to himself as her subordinate but he knew where he stood and he respected Mia enough not to question that - not too much, anyway.

Giving the door a nudge shut behind him, he strode over to the chair in front of her desk, gracefully dropping down onto the couch and crossing one leg over the other, taking up way more space than he really needed to. "Chérie, you know how I hate to be a pain..." he started, letting out a long sigh. "I'm afraid I may have to ask for your help with something very selfish." An impish smirk tugged at his lips as he looked over at her, hoping to draw her in with the vague request.

BY MITZI
ren ihara
LUMINOUS STUDIO
model
47 POSTS
1700 DOLLARS
PLAY BY rags
mainstream
AMIHAN LANGIT
no "thank you"
is what i should've said
REN IHARA
this is so late ahhh
After a month of working at Luminous, it was fair to say that Amihan was getting bored. Boredom, she rightly believed, was the most dangerous force for her in her book. As Aurozora has come to learn, when Madame AE was bored, trouble was sure to follow on the horizon.

At least, that's how it usually worked. With actually being a manager eating up much of her time, alongside balancing all her hustles and side hustles and still being attentive to the cafe, her insider's view of the inner-workings of Luminous almost felt like it had been for naught. From her experience, she's found that she had been learning things about Drift that she could have already known with her astute skills of investigation. And of course, now that there were real consequences in the event she'd get caught, she truly wondered whether infiltrating Luminous was actually a good idea.

So, when one of her darlings, as she had liked to call her loyal network, strode into her office with a selfish request as she poured over working on each of the Drift members' schedules this coming week, she put her pen down, her interest piqued.

Utterly dangerous.

"You have my full attention, anak," she said with a smile, grateful for a chance to not look at Drift stuff. Though he was her senior by age, the term was used with endearment— anyone she took care of was bestowed the honor of being an anak. "Tell me more about this selfish thing. I'm all ears."

Nothing is selfish when everything you do is selfish, after all.

leto
Empress of Exposé
LUMINOUS STUDIO
DRIFT MANAGER
43 POSTS
3500 DOLLARS
PLAY BY asu
no name
REN IHARA
jive to the rhythm of the gods, if i ever rot, forever will my name be adorned and scarred in your hearts.
This was, inherently, a very selfish thing to do. Perhaps he liked to lie to himself a little since he knew Tzila would really be no sort of competition for him considering their different fields but she seemed the kind of person to have her fair share of dark secrets and it was a mixture of his own overly-curious nature and desire to cause some drama that had fuelled this cruel plan. It was something that would take a while, but the rewards at the end would be good, he was sure. Going in alone was never wise though, keeping Amihan in the loop, especially since she was the one he would be feeding any information to, was the sensible thing to do.

As always, she knew exactly what he wanted to hear, yet another reason why he would never dare cross the woman. Ren propped his elbow up on the arm of the couch and then rested his chin on his palm, looking back over to Amihan. "Is it wrong to want to tear down someone who is already so obviously hopeless?" he mused, raising an eyebrow in her direction. "It would be a lengthy game but... this young lady appears to be hiding a few things and, for some reason, I'm desperate to know what they are." The smirk on his lips proved he knew exactly how terrible a person he was for even thinking of doing something so twisted but digging up dark secrets was always fun. And, who knew, maybe he'd actually make a genuine (albeit temporary) friend?

are they yzma and kronk | AMIHAN LANGIT
BY MITZI

ren ihara
LUMINOUS STUDIO
model
47 POSTS
1700 DOLLARS
PLAY BY rags
mainstream
AMIHAN LANGIT
no "thank you"
is what i should've said
REN IHARA
"pull the lever, kronk!"
Perhaps she was born and bred for cruelty. Perhaps she was chaos theory incarnate, the force placed in the world to do wrong, to create storms in the wake of the calm. She had nothing against the Tzila her spy at Luminous had spoken of, at least not on a personal level. Amihan's indifference towards this "Tzila" perhaps kept the musician safe— it meant that the vigilante blogger had no care to throw scandals like pregnancy scandals at the musician unless she did something that would catch her attention. But in a city full of stars, with people constantly vying for attention, nothing excited Mia unless there was a good amount of personal distress involved, something juicy that hurt reputations, secrets that they clung tightly to.

"Why worry if it's wrong... if it would be fun," she purred, her eyes glancing down at the piles of paperwork in front of her. That could wait. "What would you like me to do, anak? Hack into the Luminous database and give you a copy of her Social Security number? Unbury an embarrassing audition video? Only say the word, and I can be of service." Even if her more notorious specialty was writing out weekly roasts and sending shockwaves through social media, she did claim to have a bit of a Midas touch when it came to finding dirt. And of course, one rule of her principles of journalism: a little truth was the bait that the public took, hook, line, and sinker. "Or were you asking me to blast the dirt you are about to find to the world? Because I wouldn't be opposed to that, either."

leto
Empress of Exposé
LUMINOUS STUDIO
DRIFT MANAGER
43 POSTS
3500 DOLLARS
PLAY BY asu
no name
REN IHARA
It was always a relief when he found someone that understood the real reasons behind his misdoings against others. Because the truth was that no solid reasoning was necessary; an urge, a tickle, a fancy to stir the pot of secrets and lies was all that was needed to set him off on a new adventure for his own twisted brand of 'justice'. It was all a game, one Amihan played best, but he was a quick study. He knew they were both fully capable of showing remorse from time to time, they were still human, though it was a rare thing. So, yes, it was easier to view as a hobby or interest (was that not true?) instead of something closer to the truth.

Ren chuckled at her answer, wholeheartedly able to agree. "Indeed, ma poulette, you are correct yet again." He noticed her brief glance down at the papers on her desk and was glad to have intervened. It would've been impossible not to notice the amount of work his dear partner in crime had gotten herself into since becoming a glorified babysitter for a spoilt bunch of man-children. He hoped to provide a decent enough distraction. "Hm, I think I will investigate on my own but, maybe, some fact-checking would be good, somewhere along the line?" Ren curved a brow, looking to Amihan in question. "And, of course, if you could be my messenger to the world, that would be greatly appreciated, chérie."

y e s amazing | AMIHAN LANGIT
BY MITZI

ren ihara
LUMINOUS STUDIO
model
47 POSTS
1700 DOLLARS
PLAY BY rags
mainstream
AMIHAN LANGIT
no "thank you"
is what i should've said
REN IHARA
ahhh i like their dynamic what are they
Fact-checking, eh? Amihan had to admit to a little embellishment, what she referred to as creative liberties when it came to her reporting, but of course, she wouldn't spew out outright lies! After all, one of the reasons she was so feared and beloved as Aurozora Exposed was the fact that she did, indeed, expose people for what and who they really were. To simply make things up from the top of her head— well that would have taken away a bit of her credibility, would have people nodding and saying "Yeah, right." The most entertaining part of her job came from making the gods and goddesses of this city tremble, and judging from one certain actress' flight from the entertainment island, she was doing her job just well.

She was simply... not being able to work to her fullest potential, weighed down by the responsibilities that came with being DRIFT's manager. Surely, within the few weeks she had been contractually duct taped to the lives of these boys, she had thought of shredding that piece of paper and calling it quits. Not enough scandal and dirt for what it was worth. But something intrigued her, something inherently broken in all of them she was interested in watching crack... but that would be a discussion for another time. "Fact-checking, I can do," she said, twirling her pen in her hand as she listened, processed. "I trust you are very capable of leading and completing the investigation yourself, non? Though, I can give you a few pointers, though where's the fun in that?" If there was to be dirt, she was at least the least bit aware of where it existed. "But yes, you have yourself a deal. You find the dirt, I blast it to the whole world for everyone to see. Free of charge, of course." Getting her to think about anything other than this soul-sucking desk job was payment enough.

leto
Empress of Exposé
LUMINOUS STUDIO
DRIFT MANAGER
43 POSTS
3500 DOLLARS
PLAY BY asu
no name
REN IHARA
The most powerful weapon to wield was the truth. No matter what, someday, it always came out. Of course, switching around a few details and making some slight exaggerations were necessary to use too. But Ren didn't like to lie, not outright. He could twist the truth to fit his purposes but never outright fibbed, or so he thought. Amihan did have a talent for creating perfect tall tales though, one of her many specialities. Ren was blunter with his deliveries, making sure to pinpoint the key to the stories and digging deep to get them. It was a shame he could never admit to his good work.

It sounded like business-talk and although their profit was rarely through money, secrets were their trade. "Of course, I learnt my tricks from the best, hm?" he winked at her, daring to tease further, "Ah, ma poulette, you never make my life any easier, do you?" Advice from Mia was sure to be valuable but he was determined to get as far as possible without having to run to her for help.

He broke out into a satisfied grin at her confirmation, and without any cost too. The perfect outcome. "Magnifique, it's always a pleasure working with you." Ren purred, relaxing slightly in his seat. "And do let me know if there's ever anything I could help you out with."

sAME OMG... team rocket? team racket rip | AMIHAN LANGIT
BY MITZI

ren ihara
LUMINOUS STUDIO
model
47 POSTS
1700 DOLLARS
PLAY BY rags
mainstream
AMIHAN LANGIT
no "thank you"
is what i should've said
REN IHARA
teAM RATCHET
No money or receipts marked this transaction, as most of their transactions went. Simply an agreement to work together in the take-down, simple and clean (for them, not for anyone caught in their crossfire).

And so, for that day, Tzila Jäger's fate was sealed.

Amihan was Satisfied. "Always a pleasure working with you, darling," she said, taking a biscotti from her biscotti bowl. "Help yourself." An offer she's repeatedly given to DRIFT, who rarely take it from her, though someone seemed prone to taking the entire bowl with them. There will be one day when she claims retribution, after quickly finding out that simply being kind and soft wasn't the approach to use here. One day... perhaps not today.

She sighed as she straightened out the papers on her desk, scheduling for the five boys something she really couldn't focus on (or take seriously, for that matter— what the hell was "Facials and Fuck" and why was Elliot requiring her to block off a certain portion of his time for it?), offering her dear darling a tired smile. "Well, there may be one thing I'd like help with. Are you invited to the New Years' Eve party at Day Sao Heaven? And if not, would you like to be added to the list?"

leto
Empress of Exposé
LUMINOUS STUDIO
DRIFT MANAGER
43 POSTS
3500 DOLLARS
PLAY BY asu
no name
REN IHARA
Over the few years he had known her, he'd developed a bad habit of being unable to say 'no' to his poulette, his better judgement overtaken by his need to stay firmly on her good side. Perhaps, once again, he was thinking a little too deeply into this. He'd been offered a biscotti, for god's sake, his answer would hardly alter the fate of the entire universe. Ren, as a model and former-dancer, had a strict diet though. He would pride himself on his self-control but... one biscotti wouldn't hurt, if it would please Amihan. He stood and strode over to the desk, settling on the chair in front of it and then reaching into the bowl. "Merci beaucoup, chérie."

He pouted a little, noting the tiredness in her expression, undoubtedly largely due to the gaggle of boys in her care. Ren had meant what he'd said, he was more than willing to help out with whatever she needed. The holidays were the busiest times for everyone, after all. "I've received an invitation, don't you worry." he replied with a wink. Thankfully, he was still reaping the rewards of a flawless debut. Ren took a small bite of biscotti before continuing, leaning forwards in his seat. "How may I be of service?"

PERF I LOVE IT | AMIHAN LANGIT
BY MITZI
ren ihara
LUMINOUS STUDIO
model
47 POSTS
1700 DOLLARS
PLAY BY rags
mainstream
AMIHAN LANGIT
no "thank you"
is what i should've said
REN IHARA
oof lmk if you need more
If there was anything that she prided herself in, it was that she took care of her associates, no, her darlings. Her maids were given such special care and attention, her informants benefited from the bounty that came with having access to Aurozora Exposed— they were only burned on AE if they made their special requests... or, if they ever made moves to try to take her down, only to quickly learn that the girl had eyes and ears everywhere, that there was nothing that she wouldn't do to protect those that she believed deserved protection. There was a healthy amount of fear she instilled in everyone, true to the mob bosses of old.

Amihan gave him that timeless smile that could have been shared on the covers of magazines and advertisements, the one that still dared to dream. "I'll see you there, dear... though more for work, rather than pleasure." This honestly wasn't quite how she pictured herself gaining entrance to the city's most exclusive New Year's Eve celebration, but you have to get there somehow, right? "As you know, Day Sao Heaven's New Year's Eve party is the perfect place to scope for material. I... will regrettably have to mind my five charges, as I suspect one is planning on making a grand exit. Would you be able to report to me anything you find at the party, as usual?"

leto
Empress of Exposé
LUMINOUS STUDIO
DRIFT MANAGER
43 POSTS
3500 DOLLARS
PLAY BY asu
no name
REN IHARA
There was a part of him the wanted to kick up a fuss, to whine and pout and throw his toys out of the pram because Amihan would be far better off managing him, rather than the group of uncultured, untalented boys. But, a contract was a contract and he knew it would be pointless to even suggest such a thing. Perhaps, sooner or later, his Mia would get the chance to show that she was not a woman to be walked over. She had been his first true ally once he'd moved to Aurozora. He'd never been low on cash, but he had been wounded by the loss of a dream he'd held onto since he was a child and she had helped him find himself again. For that, he owed her everything, he would do all he could to ensure she got the best out of life.

Yet again, the trashy group were dragging her down, taking up her attention when she was supposed to be enjoying herself, or at least getting to snoop around a little. If he had to be the one to do so instead, he had no problem with it, he'd been planning on something similar anyway.

"'Grand exit'... do I even want to ask?" he raised a brow. "I can do that for you though, ma poulette. I will be your eyes and ears for the night."

spoiler: he finds nothing bc he's trapped in a frickin elevator smh | AMIHAN LANGIT
BY MITZI

ren ihara
LUMINOUS STUDIO
model
47 POSTS
1700 DOLLARS
PLAY BY rags
mainstream
AMIHAN LANGIT
no "thank you"
is what i should've said
REN IHARA
i am sad that ren got stuck in the elevator smh
There was a small part of her that-- no, that would be an understatement. There was a huge part of her that simply wanted to drop the bomb on all five of the boys she served on behalf of Luminous, that simply wanted to dish out justice in the way that she saw it best: through exposure. Having an up-close and personal view of their lives had simply served to lower her faith in the boys. There were only so many excuses that a real Drift bitch could make for the things these boys did. As manager, Amihan didn't appreciate having to sweep away any news of Theo hanging out with other girls other than his fiancée. Cass' mess with that Franziska girl was always a short trip to a row with the Kayla from Publicity (a terrible person, truly). Sky and that girl... Amihan was just about ready to throw her across Aurozora just to keep her sanity, if only she weren't the kind of person that she found was a victim of circumstance. Dealing with MDS-Luminous relations in regards to Oliver was always a fun trip, and Elliot? Truly the worst of all, so many people had to be paid off, drug tests needed to be faked, and Amihan had developed a keen sense of actually trying to keep track of his sexual history in case Aurozora Hospital decided to march up to her requesting such information.

But for something that was supposed to be her first legitimate job with her official name written on it, Amihan couldn't simply drop them, as much as she had decided to drop her Drift obsession.

"...Perhaps it's best that you don't ask," she sighed, the thrill of a new scandal (helicopter escape, anyone?) not enough to relieve her tired bones. "But thank you, I truly appreciate it. We have a long year ahead of us, I can feel it. As reward, of course, is there anything you would like to personally request for the pages? About yourself?" She ensures her darlings are paid well for their efforts, naturally.

leto
Empress of Exposé
LUMINOUS STUDIO
DRIFT MANAGER
43 POSTS
3500 DOLLARS
PLAY BY asu
no name
REN IHARA
He already felt as though he knew too much about those boys, if AE wasn't highlighting their misadventures and dirty secrets, then someone else was. How anybody with that level of public attention could be so reckless and downright stupid, he didn't know, but it was almost irritating to see. Almost, because it was nice to see their failures highlighted, it was the least they deserved for putting his Amihan through so much trouble. God, how could all five of them be such messes? It was embarrassing for them, their manager and the rest of the company. He'd never been a fan to begin with, although a few of their songs were kind of catchy, he wasn't that fond of their 'fuckboi' vibe. He worked hard to counteract it and bring a little class back to Luminous Studios.

Honestly, he didn't care enough to push for more information, not when he'd probably find out on the night anyway. 2018 was almost upon them, bound to bring more hurdles that he was sure they would be able to overcome. Ren smiled, eyes widening slightly at the mention of a reward and, after a few moments of thought, he surprised himself with what he had in mind. "Well, I do have a request, though not for myself." he answered, expression softening. "Taylor Rhodes, a dear friend of mine. May I ask that he is... protected? For now, at least?" It was worth a shot and with the designer's bad luck in matters of the heart, he felt as though it would be best to try and keep the details of his private life away from AE, if possible.

s oft | AMIHAN LANGIT
BY MITZI
ren ihara
LUMINOUS STUDIO
model
47 POSTS
1700 DOLLARS
PLAY BY rags
mainstream
AMIHAN LANGIT
no "thank you"
is what i should've said
REN IHARA
the easiest way to keep someone safe from

amihan is to not even admit they exist LOL

Aurozora Exposed was a misunderstood soul, she liked to purport. What set AE apart from the likes of Gossip Girl, she mused, was her focus on something she liked to call social justice, in keeping people accountable for the crimes they committed. All was not well in the state of Denmark, and if celebrities thought they could get away with just about anything, with using their fame card, she was going to deal her own form of vigilante justice and make the most public of people bend their knees to her will.

And so, it would be accurate to say that she was fairly amused by her subordinate’s request to “protect” his friend. Amihan makes no promises, but she doesn’t make her claims… unprovoked, for the most part. Her lips curl as she answers ”That’s a rather noble request to be making, darling.” It’s times like these that remind everyone just who she was. She would hate to admit, but there was always a small part of her dastardly father in her, the part of her that did whatever it took to get her will. ”If your friend doesn’t do anything to set off my radar, he’s in the clear. You know I never turn a blind eye to injustice.” Neither a promise, nor a rejection. There were no absolutes here. ”But ah, Taylor Rhodes, Rhodes… he’s safe. For now.” Perhaps Ren’s request to protect his friend set off an alarm for her for later. Rhodes was never on her radar as of recently, but if Ren was hinting that there was something there...

That would be an investigation she could conduct herself later.

”Thank you for this distraction, darling.”

She gave the sweetest of smiles to her partner in this Dance of Death, this danse macabre. Her eyes and ears among many.

leto
Empress of Exposé
LUMINOUS STUDIO
DRIFT MANAGER
43 POSTS
3500 DOLLARS
PLAY BY asu
no name
REN IHARA
He placed (almost) his full trust in Amihan, a woman that had never wronged him before and he wasn't expecting that to start now. Of course, there was always that nagging voice in the back of his head reminding him not to be so sure. That was the problem when he met like-minded individuals; if they were anything like him, that meant that no secret was one-hundred percent safe. So, he nearly regretted voicing his request, no doubt this would probably encourage her to do some research. But as long as nothing got out, that was fine. She could be trusted, at least he very much hoped so. But he wouldn't let it worry him, certain it wouldn't be a problem. And if it was, he could deal with it when the time came.

Ren noticed that there was no direct promise made, but nor did Amihan dismiss the idea. That would do, it would have to. He daren't push his luck any further. With his poulette, he knew he limits and stuck to them. "Oui, thank you," he bowed his head slightly. When he looked up again, the sweet smile on her lips was one that, more often than not, meant danger. So, he mirrored the expression, unsure if he should be excited or nervous about what was to come. The game they played was forever full of surprises though, nothing could faze him too badly.

"My pleasure, chérie." he purred and took a step away from the desk. "I'm sure I'll be seeing you again soon, hm?" Ren blew her a kiss before turning to make his exit.

DUN DUN DUNNN.. u wanna finish off? | AMIHAN LANGIT
BY MITZI
ren ihara
LUMINOUS STUDIO
model
47 POSTS
1700 DOLLARS
PLAY BY rags
mainstream
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

cbox, tag box & affiliates
face in the crowd All of Me ♥ DETHRONED GODS:RE
Seicho no Hana Avalon a Panfandom RP to bitter endings
Kingdom Hearts: Malefic Musings The Duality of Man Potterwatch Restored INFAMY, a non-canon one piece site Sengoku Horizon TO BITTER ENDINGS